We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Formentera

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Formentera

I will be visiting Ibiza in three weeks and plan to take a day trip to Formentera. I will be by myself, and I would like to go relax on a nice beach and rent a beach bed/lounger and an umbrella for shade (if there isn't an umbrella though that's fine). Ideally I would be able to reserve the beach bed/lounger in advance (so I know where I'm going) and they would also offer some kind of beach service like the ability to order drinks/food. Can you recommend a hotel or restaurant where I can reserve a beach bed? And what is the best way to get there from the ferry dock - are there taxis waiting? Thanks!

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Formentera

There will be taxis at the dock. You will not be able to reserve a sun lounger. If you want to use a hotel's facilities, you will have to stay there at least one night.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Formentera

There are several restaurants in Ibiza that allow you to rent beach beds/loungers for the afternoon, so I was hoping there might be one restaurant in Formentera that has that as well - and I would be able to eat lunch there as well.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Formentera

I just heard back from the Formentera tourism board, and they actually recommended several hotels I should contact. Also, after doing a bit of online research just now I came across a restaurant on Formentera where you can reserve beach beds: http://www.southformentera.com/en/index.html. If anyone has any additional restaurants/hotels I should check with, please let me know!

Formentera, Spain
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Formentera

Hi Becca,

I never experienced it myself so far but I heard very positive things about the Gecko Beachclub (see their website address below). On their website, they explicitly mention that their facilities are not only meant for the guests of the hotel but also for the day trippers. And the Migjorn beach just in front of the Gecko club is probably one of the nicest beach of ithe sland and perhaps of the whole Mediterranean Sea ! :-) Personally, it's one of my favorite beach whenever I go to Formentera, very quite, with white sand, crystal-clear water.... beautiful !!

Enjoy your day trip in Formentera.... you won't regret it for sure !

www.geckobeachclub.com

Regards,

Jacques

Formentera, Spain
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Formentera

And by the way, on their website, if you come at the Gecko club just for one day, they recommend that you reserve in advance, so this means that is possible to make a reservation... ;-)

You could have a look at the comments about that club in Tripadvisor, they all seem to be very positive in general .

Regards,

Jacques

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip to Formentera

Thank you, Jacques - wonderful advice! I will definitely contact Gecko Beach Club.

7. Re: Day Trip to Formentera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Formentera