We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conflicting family needs - resort suggestions

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Conflicting family needs - resort suggestions

A friend has made Majorca sound very inviting: but as she has a bunch of small, sand loving children and our family needs are a bit different from theirs , I thought I'd ask here for any initial suggestions of the right resort for us.

Aging boring parents(us) who like it quiet and picturesque, with some nice restaurants. Plus 2 daughters who will be 14 and 16., who wouldn't mind the restaurants but would like a bit more going on (well, quite a lot more )

The younger would like some water sports and the older one some semblance of a teenage social scene. They are too young for late, late bars and clubbing .

All thoughts gratefully received

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conflicting family needs - resort suggestions

Cala Dor,Pollensa or Santa Ponsa.

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conflicting family needs - resort suggestions

Thank you for that - I had heard of the first one as a possibility - I shall start investigating further

northern ireland...
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Conflicting family needs - resort suggestions

I would also suggest Cala d'or, lots of restaurants, cocktail bars ( with non alcoholic options for kids) swanky marina. I would recommend Sea- riders motorboat trips. Twice weekly market in Santanyi ( about 6 miles away) where you can buy anything from tomatoes to handbags to earrings to paintings and ceramics.

4. Re: Conflicting family needs - resort suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Majorca