We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magaluf/Palma Nova Attractions

England
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Magaluf/Palma Nova Attractions

Just booked a holiday for Magaluf/Palma Nova for September. Im trying to convince my friends to go see Pirates but they dont seem that keen. Can someone please explain what Pirates is.. I hear its meant to be brilliant.

Also is Marineland and the waterpark worth the money?

Has anyone been on the rancho grande moonlight riding "adventure"?? I would love to do it except i have 4 non riding friends to bring along. Plus how easy is it to get from Magaluf to the other side of the island?

Am i missing any other must see/must do attractions? Bearing in mind we are skint and only there for a week! lol.

Luceybaby x

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magaluf/Palma Nova Attractions

right where to start pirates is a nite time show with acrobats pirates and lots of audience partisipation set in a building that inside looks like a boat you get for the admission cost all your drinks and a meal its a great nite out not cheap but really worth it .

imo marineland is not worth the bother personally i think its dated and tired but thats only my opinion .the water parks are good and great fun just make sure its a hot day when you go the water is cold and if suns not out you soon get cold .

yes we have done rancho grande and it is great transport is provided they pick you up from your hotel .you get a meal and if you ride take a horse if not go along on the sangria wagon .[ CAUTION ] sangria is plied down you all the way lol after your ride you have a meal and line dancing to a c/w band also they have animals you can feed . most bars in magaluf have also tribute bands ranging from abba to beatles and dont charge admission go watch some of them hope this helps

moocher if u need any more info just ask

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magaluf/Palma Nova Attractions

Bearing in mind that you are only there for a week i would go to one of the local water parks for the day and definately Pirates, We went last summer and it was one of the best acrobatic shows that i have seen in a long time, simple style food but ok with plenty of plonk and sangria flowing all in the price and you can sleep it all off on the beach the next day.

have a great time

Steve.

England
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magaluf/Palma Nova Attractions

Thanks guys, i will bear ur points in mind and use them to convince my fellow holiday goers to go to pirates, waterparks (and hopefully ranchogrande!) x

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magaluf/Palma Nova Attractions

we visited rancho grande last october and as a non rider myself i must say i thoroughly enjoyed myself. the big downside was the travel time. we were based in magalluf and we were the first ones to be picked up. we then went to 3 or 4 different pick up points back through palma etc , then preceeded to come all the way back nearly to magalluf. no joke it took us about 2 hours on the bus. my bro who went with us was pulling his hair out as he lives on the island and he knew much quicker routes. when you get there you get 3 choices of ride based on ability. me and my bro went on the easiest which is called Automatic. you just walk in a line of about 20 horses as its the most popular choice. my partner and my bros partner went on the intermediate which you get to ride down the beach and get the chance th gallop. i wish i had chose this option. all in all it is a good night out well worth it. pirates is an excellent night out of entertainment. can be quite dear though. hope this helps. feel free to ask me any more questions as i can advise about bars etc

5. Re: Magaluf/Palma Nova Attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 10:27