We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

I am going to Majorca in July, while we are away it is my boyfriends birthday, so i would like to take him to a nice resturant, with sea view or a good romantic setting, price is no problem as a one off.

I will be staying in the Aparthotel Los Tamarindos, Puerto Alcudia.

Thanks very Much

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Restaurant Stay next to the marina at Puerto Pollensa. Pre-booking essential.Lovely a la carte but pricey. It is romantic to sit outside on the terrace overlooking the sea but I warn you against mosquitos if they affect either of you.Maitre d' will offer you an outside table.A charming man so gentle and discreet.

Clientele includes well-heeled locals,international visitors and occasional Brit celebs (popular with TV actors).This was voted in Daily Telegraph Spain's Top 100 Restaurants a few years ago which was how we came to try it and have never been disappointed. The entrance is not grand because you have to walk through the tables of their cafeteria through to the main restaurant at the rear.

If you were treating me on my birthday and proposed, I would have to say "Yes".Hope it works for you.Its about 5 miles from your location.

WirralScouse

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Just had a look at Stay's web site and it looks great

http://www.stayrestaurant.com/index.html might try it in a couple of weeks when I am in old town Alcudia.

Hope nerves don't get the better of you (ask him before the meal that way you can relax and enjoy it) and also hope your partner doesn't read this forum

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

What it doesn't have on the website (perhaps understandably) is their all inclusive Tourist Table d'Hote menu. 3 courses, full bottle house wine-Bach Penedes- and water per couple and they give you a digestiv of your choice on the house (brandymel is the norm).It is their bargain to you.Now I haven't been recently so I cannot be sure of the price and won't risk a guess but if you don't mind a limited choice menu-which changes nearly every day- it's a steal.Of course on a special occasion you would opt for the a la carte but for Hayzer who may pop in during his holiday it could suit.Always best to book for the evenings or Sunday lunch (very popular with the locals).

Maitre d' isn't very welcoming of non-bookers who just turn up on chance.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Thanks for that wirral as I said I am very tempted to give it a try when we are there. last time we were in Puerto Pollensa we ate here mallorca-restaurants-121.com/… in old town Alcudia and lover it. I did post a topic asking if anyone had been recently but it got no replies.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Hiya Hayzer. That looks like a good place. But Stay is in a different league.So expensive but then it is a wedding proposal occasion.I was there a few years ago and it was regaled by Coronation St cast-Liz MacDonald and cronies (Beverley Callard) I didn't know the others because I don't watch the soaps.But she looked good-purple nail varnish and all.I have to say they weren't dominant.That maitre d. What a man. To him all invited guests (ie pre-booked) are equal.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Ermita La Victoria, on the peninsula north of Alcudia (old town, not port) may not have the class of some of the others mentioned, nor the high prices, but from the terrace has exceptionally good views over the bay towards Formentor. the food is excellent and the view cannot be bettered.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Thanks everyone, I will take a look round on the first few days to make my mind up, and book if need be.

Thanks again, oh my bellys doing turns.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Well? Did you propose? ~ did he accept? Where did you go?

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

I didnt have the chance, the time just never seemed right.

We are looking at going back to Majorca but getting a car so we can travel out a little.

Dont want to rush this special event!!!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: asking my partner to marry me on holiday, and its his bday

Are you sure it wasn't a case of fearing he would say No? If you can't find the opportunity to propose when you are on holiday (when you know each other really well )you never will.