We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five star hotels with a sea view

CHESTERFIELD
Level Contributor
496 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Five star hotels with a sea view

Hi,

Can anyone recomend some five star or very good four star hotels with sea views and a good size pool area ? Good food and/or close enough to good restauants is also on our list of requirements.

Thanks

Gill

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Gill, any particular resort?

My first thoughts were the Valparaiso Palace in Palma, The Nixe Palace in Cala Major or the Mardavall Hotel and Spa in Costa De'n Blanes.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Hotel Don Leon in Colonia Sant Jordi fills all your requirements.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Have a look at the Melia Boutique hotel in Cala Dor. It is an excellent hotel with a fantastic restaurant and also close to very nice restaurants in Cala Dor itself.

There is a virtual tour on the following site.

http://www.sovereign.com/hotel/7368

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Maricel is very nice www.theothermallorca.com/hotel/maricel.htm

but not too cheap...

..or Portixol,http://www.i-escape.com/minihotel.php?hotel_key=ES038 although I think the restaurants not as good as it was five years ago

CHESTERFIELD
Level Contributor
496 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Thanks for your replies, we do not know the island enough to choose resorts. We would like a resort that is not full of larger louts though!!!!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Cala Bona is a quietish resort on the East Coast. Defo no lager louts. Quaint harbour/marina which has just been refurbed with some good bars/restaurants around it overlooking the boats and the nautical activity. There is a brand new 4* hotel just opened Gran Sol, chic and only small and friendly.It has 2 pools and overlooks the sea. See TA reviews which are uniformly favourable.

I have no doubts recommending the hotel. There is one thing you need to know about Cala Bona in case you object-it does have many visitors from Britain mainly middle-aged and above. One benefit is that it doesn't attract the party all-night crowd.

From the harbour you can catch boats up and down the East Coast eg to Cala Ratjada,Porto Cristo.Also it is 10 minutes walk to Cala Millor along the seafront. That is a busier resort with a vast beach more popular with German guests. If you fancy the resort the hotel for you is Hipocampo Palace 5* which has mainly German guests and (consequently???) very high standards.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Hi Gill, as you don't know Majorca very well have a look at these excellent little videos to help you decide which area you would like to be in:

http://www.hd4.tv/Mallorca/Gallery.html

My own recommendation for a good 5* is the Serrano Palace in Cala Ratjada. Not a very big pool area but excellent food and service. Cala Ratjada is another resort popular with Germans and I think the standards are better for it. No lager louts here!

Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

Gill

The Hotel Tucan in Cala D'or comes very highly recommended. I havent stayed there myself but have been in the rooms and lounge for drinks etc, as friends have stayed there.

Its worth a look!

Also Cala D'or itself has excellent resturants and in all the times I have been have never seen 1 lager lout!

Excellent resort!

Good luck

9. Re: Five star hotels with a sea view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 21:19