We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient Village

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Orient Village

Hi,

Thinking of staying @ Son Palou for a relaxing break without a hire car! If on the odd day we do venture out and about...how easy/plentiful are taxis?

Many Thanks,

:)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orient Village

So how are you going to get from the airport to Son Palou (which seems to be a haven of peace) if not by car? I have visited Orient, it is in the back of beyond. I suspect it is a place to stay put and chill if you don't have a hire car. I thought it was a tranquil place when I visited by car looking for a recommended restaurant but I couldn't stay there for more than a few days. At night navigation is near impossible. Long way out for taxis. Is a hire car out of the question?

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orient Village

Hi bonhomieUk

I am jealous, we visited Orient this year and loved it and it is on our list of places to stay next year and Son Palou will probably be our choice it looks great.

Orient is a tiny village with a permanent population of only about 30 people and as wirralscouse says is quite remote so passing taxis would be few and far between. I am sure Son Palou could organise one for you if you asked them. I would assume the closest taxis would be in Bunyola which is 6 miles away.

I assume you will be arranging taxi transfers from/to Palma ? once again the hotel can usually organise these for you and get good rates and service from their regular taxi companies.

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orient Village

Hire car I think!

Thanks to all for advice, much appreciated.

Regards,

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orient Village

I think car hire would be best, you should be able to hire a car for around the same price you would pay for taxi transfers. Driving in Mallorca is no problem at all and Orient isn't difficult to get to, the road to Soller is a good one and it is only six miles from this main road to Orient.

5. Re: Orient Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:20