We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury quiet hotel

Manchester
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury quiet hotel

We're planning to go to Majorca 16-26 Oct. We're looking for a relaxing luxury holiday, no noisy kids or continuous muzak. Any suggestions??

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

Have a look at Es Moli in Deiia. But it is remote. Some might say Hotel Formentor but don't be tempted. Look at the reviews on TA Majorca Hotels Forum.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

It all depends on are you planning to hire a car when you are there?have you been to majorca before?what are your interests?do you want to be next to a beach?then we can help you some more.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

Unfortunately your stay covers the spanish and Northern Europe School Jalf Term period - and children get everywhere even in the luxury end of the hotel market!

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

I disagree with you Casianda, as I see every year, not many families came to Soller at this time of the year. It is very quiet.

Maby near MAgalluf, Palmanova or Alcudia you will find a lot os families, but the rest of Mallorca is very quiet

As Always I recommend you have a look in the hotels of Soller.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

I also add that the School Jalf Term period doesn´t exist in Spain in october, that´s incorrect.

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g319793-d3162…

Manchester
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

Thanks for feedback. We've settled on either Soller or Illetas, adn we're prepared to hire a car.In Illetas we're looking at the Riu Palace Bonanza Playa and so far in Soller at the Esplendido or Gran Hotel.

We want a peaceful holiday,close to the sea, but with a little bit of interest in case the weather's not that great.

I'd welcome your suggestions.

Manchester
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

Just checked and no rooms at the Gran Hotel. So that's out!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

We were in Riu Bonanza Playa in Illetas for 5 days last week.Very nice location,very quiet sophisticated resort.I posted a review of the hotel on TA so won't repeat it here.No muzak,no noisy kids although at UK half term time it may be different,but I doubt it.It is certainly a place to relax. We had a couple from Yorkshire on the table next to us at dinner. They stayed for 5 days and never left the hotel grounds once.

The pool area, beds, mattresses,pool towels,sunshades all well managed.We paid £625 for 5 days HB booked with Thomson accommodation-only and for that we thought the overall quality was a bargain.Don't know the Soller hotels you mentioned.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury quiet hotel

Soller and Illetas are both places I adore, but as you say in terms of being somewhere with something to do in case of poor weather, Illetas gets my vote at this time of the year due to its proximity to Palma.

Hotel? See below.

http://www.hotelbonsol.es/#

Or if your feeling really flush!

www.theothermallorca.com/hotel/maricel.htm