We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majorca Info

UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Majorca Info

Hi

We are going to Majorca for the first time and are looking at accommodation in Colonia de Sant Pere near Alcudia Bay (East I think) does anyone know what this area is like? We are also going to hire a car and have been reading forum post, which car hire does not charge for full tank off petrol plus all the usual extras which you are conned into getting? Any info much appreciated. Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majorca Info

This is a beautiful location and totally unspoiled by development. Rocky beaches,crystal clear water. Where are you staying as I don't know of any accommodation in Colonia St Pere? Not too far off the main road and a village for locals not holidaymakers although the latter will enjoy it.

It's the future. A taste sensation.Apologies to PK.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majorca Info

Book it book it book it!

Wirral is right isolated beauty! This is also where the Spanish have their holiday homes. You will be based pretty much in your accommodation and I presume it will be in the apartments - the little terracotta ones, I forget the name. Friends have stayed and said it was such a refreshing change, old fashioned Spanish service and immaculately clean!

Days out are great from this area, so go for the car hire - places to vist Arta, Capdepra, Cala Rajada, Manacor..... you'll soon use that tank of fuel!

Room for one in your case?

Lanska

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majorca Info

Hi PKF

As far as I know (and if I am wrong lots of people will correct me) most car hire companies will take a swipe of your credit card to cover the cost of a tank of fuel if you were to return it empty. The car will be full of fuel on collection and they will expect it to be full on return this is is their normal policy, on returning the car with a full tank they will cancel the transaction on your credit card. Only if you DON'T return the car full of fuel will they process the transaction against your credit card. This has been the case the last half dozen or so times I have hired a car and I have different companies, Hyper, Auto Reisen, Holiday Autos, Europcar and a couple of others I can't remember.

I thing people assume mistakenly that because car hire companies have swiped their card they have been charged for the fuel and therefor return it needing fuel.

4. Re: Majorca Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 12:27