We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rental In Majorca

Virginia
3 posts
Save Topic
Villa Rental In Majorca

Hello, I am looking for advice on a sea view villa to rent in May for my honeymoon. I would like it to be private, but it doesn't have to be isolated. Has anyone stayed in one that they recommend? I don't know where I want to stay, but I would like a nice ocean view.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Rental In Majorca

Villas with sea views for rent are few and far between, and those that exist are very very expensive. Plenty of apartments on the various websites.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Rental In Majorca

I suggest a lovely area called cala mandia or cala romantica near to porto cristo. we discovered it last year but having problems finding a villa ourselves for 6. Very picturesque and not quite so 3* style as some areas like calas de mallorca which nice as it is the beach there too small and so overcrowed a little bit to geared to the tourist. Porto Cristo is also very pretty, has a yacht club so marina beautiful, lots of quality restaurants and lovely views. Smallish beach, nice a shallow, no rocks and i would imagine quiet in May. Staying around here would give you more choice. Let me know if you find accommodation. Tourist office near waterfront speak english and well worth a visit to ask for recommendations of places to eat etc., Accom in Cala Mandia we have found so far hotel wise would be Sol Romantica (id say 2-3 star), Isotel 3-4*, and Blau Punta (3-4*) which seems the nicer. They do have apartments too. good luck, let me know if you find something nice. bfn angela

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Rental In Majorca

I suggest a lovely area called cala mandia or cala romantica near to porto cristo. we discovered it last year but having problems finding a villa ourselves for 6. Very picturesque and not quite so 3* style as some areas like calas de mallorca which nice as it is the beach there too small and so overcrowed a little bit to geared to the tourist. Porto Cristo is also very pretty, has a yacht club so marina beautiful, lots of quality restaurants and lovely views. Smallish beach, nice a shallow, no rocks and i would imagine quiet in May. Staying around here would give you more choice. Let me know if you find accommodation. Tourist office near waterfront speak english and well worth a visit to ask for recommendations of places to eat etc., Accom in Cala Mandia we have found so far hotel wise would be Sol Romantica (id say 2-3 star), Isotel 3-4*, and Blau Punta (3-4*) which seems the nicer. They do have apartments too. good luck, let me know if you find something nice. bfn angela

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Rental In Majorca

On my searches I have found very good reviews for hotel son mas, near porto cristo and cala mandia - most reviews say perfect for honeymooners so...... worth a look. im going to check prices now. ange

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Rental In Majorca

I read loads of topics on Trip Advisor but in a lot of cases, people never report back on how they found the resort/hotel. Would be nice to know!

Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Rental In Majorca

Hello, I posted the original message. I did end up finding a nice villa, Villa Magda in Deia. It was lovely, private with great views. I would recommend it for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. I loved Deia, and the whole island. Cant wait to go back one day!

7. Re: Villa Rental In Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 08:16