We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

I have booked a week in Alcudia for May half term arriving the 24th and am worrying about the weather and thinking I shoul;d have booked for further afield.

What's the average and realistic temperature and forecast then? It will be our first visit to Alcudia for eight years.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

Don't ask me about statistics. And a weather forecast for May? You cannot be serious.

In normal years late May is a fine, warm (but not hot) time to visit Northern Majorca but in 2008 it was wet and cool.Take your chance.What's the point of thinking you should have booked elsewhere unless you are prepared to forfeit at least your deposit?

I hope it is fine for you and you all enjoy your return to Majorca.

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

It was just a general opinion I was looking for but thanks for the sarcasm anyway.

Yes I hope that we enjoy it aswell but doubt our return to Majorca will also include hanging around this forum.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

Although May last year was not so good I seem to remember June being pretty hot. Half term May 2007 was very warm - my grandson was in the sea the whole week. Have a look at Palma in Weather Underground. They will give you the weather conditions for any date any year.

Hope this will help to reassure you and you have a lovely sunny week.

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

Thankyou very much for that, we usually holiday in Benidorm in July so I was unsure of what to expect in May for Majorca.

Your genuine information and advice is very much appreciated.

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
364 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

Not a good reply from Wirralmouse there was it!

We went to Magaluf last year from May 21st till 28th & had a mixed week weather wise.

Apparently it was very unusual to have had so much cloud & rain!

wunderground.com/history/…

if you click on the link above you will see that 2007 was very nice end of may in majorca.

wunderground.com/history/…

And 2006,all the best,have a great time!!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

woolly. I have re-read my reply. Where is the sarcasm? And was any of it non-factual,incorrect or off the point?

WirralScouse/Wirralmouse.

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
364 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

"Don't ask me about statistics. And a weather forecast for May? You cannot be serious."

If that's not sarcasm WirralScouse i dont know what is!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

biscuit. As you will see my remarks were addressed to woolly.But as you have intercepted....who can forecast the weather a week ahead let alone 3 months?

Admittedly I could have put the temperature statistics point in a kinder manner (I am too forthright) but there are so many enquiries on TA Forums about weather conditions current and future that would be better addressed on the net to the likes of The Weather Channel. We on Majorca Forum can give information and advice on what is current but we are not clairvoyant.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

WirralScouse - please forgive me for butting in, but I thought these forums were for open discussion and were for people to offer friendly advice and share their experiences. I am sure the sarcasm wasn't intended but if someone has never visited Mallorca at a certain time of year before, it will be an experience that is new to them and therefore it's not an unreasonable question to ask. Woolly059 only asked what would be the average and realistic temperature to expect. It would be a shame if he/she felt uncomfortable about visiting the Majorca forum again as there are many people, including yourself, that are able to offer good advice here.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,531 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in May, worrying over nothing?

My personal peeve about these weather questions is that people only question how accurate the forecast is (for the foillowing few days) if rain is forecast. As if it never rained in Spain!

Obviously weather is unpredictable, here in Spain and in the UK etc. We were in Berlin Easter week 2007 and the temperature there was more than 10 degrees warmer than Mallorca,as the Berlin papers pointed out gleefully. Same thing happens in UK at times, too, better weather at home than in Spain (and people have thought they were jetting to the sun). We were in England mid-May last year and it was glorious (and here in Barcelona it wasn't) .People in England jokingly said, that'll be our summer and certainly our visit in July was more mixed.

To get back to the original query: Spring in Spain has unpredictable weather (as does autumn in Spain). Generally by late May the summer seems to be on its way but it can cool down again, but that'd be mid-teens at its coolest.