We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a villa with a heated pool at the end of May?

UK
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a villa with a heated pool at the end of May?

I'm looking for a villa to accommodate all 5 of us in the Puerto Pollensa area during May half-term this year. I'm finding that few of the villas on offer have the facility to heat the pool water, and I'm wondering why. Is it because the pool water is pleasant all year round, or are the Mallorcans more hardy than us, or is it beacuse the pools are just not used outside of the summer months due to the lower air temperatures.

I'd hate to rent a villa with a pool that I can only look at or shiver in, or is a heated pool unnecessary at that time of the year?

Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a villa with a heated pool at the end of May?

The cost of heating an outdoor private pool in Majorca is prohibitive. I don't know any in Puerto Pollensa.The outdoor hotel pools are not heated.All you can do is gaze at yours unless you are caught in a 35C heatwave when it would be nice to cool down. Normally the sea will be warmer than the pool.They are used as an attraction but they are seldom used for anything more than a quick dip.Indoor pools (I don't know any in PP) are different.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a villa with a heated pool at the end of May?

www.stylishvillas.co.uk have villas in the Pollensa area which can be heated on request.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a villa with a heated pool at the end of May?

Get in there, don't be a wimp! Shoud be around 20C at the end of May.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a villa with a heated pool at the end of May?

I've taken a quick dip in an outdoor non-heated pool in May... You should be OK. The sea will be warmer though.

5. Re: Do I need a villa with a heated pool at the end of May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:20