We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Topic
One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

I would like to ask about your experience with one-day boat trip from Majorca to Ibiza. How long approx does the journey take? and how many time could we spend approximately in the capital of Ibiza? Generally spekaing whether it is worth going?

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

We did this trip by the so called fast ferry several yars ago.

Journey time 2 - 2.5 hours. Seats VERY uncomfortable!

We had about 7 hours in Ibiza City.

Wouldn´t do the trip again.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

Thank you very much for your reply. Can I ask you if apart from very uncomfortable seats you have other reasons against such trip? I live in the Czech republic and I am coming for the 4th time to holiday in Majorca. I like Majorca very much and the capital Palma as well. So for me visiting Ibiza City would be one of few possibilities since I do not intend to go there for the whole holiday in the future. In such a case what would be your opinion? Maybe is it too hot in the end of June there? I´m travelling with 7 year old son. Thanks for your reply.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

We personally were disappointed with Ibiza Town and the whole day was so long and tiring with 5 hours travel time.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

O.K. thanks for your reply I will still consider whether it is worth going also in view of your opinion.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

Had you thought of taking the short hop flight between the 2 islands?Frequent,cheap service.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

No I did not think about such possibility. Can you give me some more detailed information such as if it is possible to buy air ticket only upon arrival to Majorca or the price etc.

Originally I liked the idea of going by ship (boat) since I like this kind of transportation very much and also Eivissa city can be interesting to me since I´ve never been there, now I´m hesitating.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

More than 6 return flights to choose from each day at www.iberia.com

flight duration 40 minutes

regular bus service airport-downtown in both cities

To maximise your time in Elvissa the flights would be better than the ferry which seems to cater more for cars and their passengers rather than solo foot passengers like you.

England
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

Does anyone know how much it costs to get the ferry to Ibiza , and where to get it from?

I visited Ibiza old town a few years ago and thought it was lovely, i would be interested in visiting it again depending on costs

Many Thanks

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

I think you should go to Ibiza sparkie, but on a dedicated trip of more than a few hours.

There's a lot to see and do in Ibiza and you won't do it justice in just a few hours.

The city walls in Ibiza Town are a good walk and view, but the nightlife there is radically different to anything else you will have experienced IMO (maybe San Francisco comes close :))

I also liked the hippy culture in the north.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One day trip from Majorca to Ibiza

O.K. thanks very much for your replies, I´ll check with air tickets with iberia site indicated. I would be also interested in approximate price of the ferry trip since it is not very often I can go on the sea somewhere so i would consider it as interesting, amusing the journey itself.

Maybe in future I should consider also separate holiday in Ibiza as you recommend it as excellent experience, this time such one day trip would give me small feel of the city and approximate idea what it is like.Thanks for your help.