We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deia in mid-May - stay in village or near beach

Co. Down
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Deia in mid-May - stay in village or near beach

Hello, I've never been to Majorca before. We are planning on going for a week mid-may next year. We are a couple who are wanting to enjoy beautiful scenery, lots of walking, really good food and wine and a nice bit of relaxing. We've decided to try to stay near or in Deia due to advice from friends who have been there. We've found a few places - a couple in the middle of the village, and one right down by the waters edge by the beach, close to the fish restaurant there. That sounds ideal but we also want to experience village life. Does anyone know how far the walk would be from the village to the beach, and if so would you recommend staying in the village or down by the water. thanks for your help..

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Deia in mid-May - stay in village or near beach

The walk from the village to the cove will take you about 25 minutes. You can approach the cove either by the olive groves which is a really pretty walk or by the road. If you want to be secluded and away from everything then this could be the ideal place for you. The beach is very small with pebbles and rocks so not ideal for sunbathing - there are two small restaurants but nothing else. If you have a car you can drive down to the cove but you now have to pay for parking if your property doesn't allow you to reach it by car.

The scenery around the area is beautiful and there are several good restaurants in the village. If you want to eat out at night then I would suggest staying in the village rather than down by the sea. Without a car the walk there and back in the dark would be a real chore.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Deia in mid-May - stay in village or near beach

I have just tried to download some photos of Cala Deia on to my home page but for some reason it causes my computer to disconnect. If you would like to see some photos send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll e-mail them to you.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deia in mid-May - stay in village or near beach

I would definately stay in the village you can easily walk down to the cove or drive down,we stayed in hostal villaverde which was lovely,it is situated just below the church in deai a lovely location,we love deai and the fish restaurant set down in the cove is superb hope this helps.

Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deia in mid-May - stay in village or near beach

Just outside of Deya is a tiny, tiny village (walking distance) called Lluc Alcari. There's a small hotel there, I think it was called the Costa d'Or, food was good. It's several years since I've driven by there and over 30 years since I stayed there - so anything could have happened to it. That said, I've just been quickly to Google and it's still there, just type in the name.

5. Re: Deia in mid-May - stay in village or near beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 08:18