We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help! Where should we stay?

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
125 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Please help! Where should we stay?

Hi,

Some girlfriends and I are going to Mallorca in July... and don't know where to stay! Can you help please??

We would like to stay on the beach if possible and then make our way to town for restaurants, bars, clubs, etc... From what I've read it seems like the nicest beaches are right outside of Palma... Can you recommend a nice 4 or 5 star hotel in that area? or an apartment or villa??

We want to enjoy the beach and party scene so any and all recommendations will be welcome...

oh, and is July a good time? I'm a little concerned that it will be too hot and maybe not a good season... but that is the only time we could schedule...

Thank you so much!

-skydiva

Pennsylvania
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help! Where should we stay?

Hi there!

I wanted to reply because my friends and I are looking for essentially the same thing :) We've heard that Cala D'Or is nice but haven't gotten any recommendations for specific hotels as of yet. We'd really like something self-caterering and on the beach.

So good luck with your planning; I'm looking forward to seeing the replies :)

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
125 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help! Where should we stay?

Hi,

As I'm doing more and more research... I want to expand my need for help =D

What area do you think we should stay in? We are 8 females, in our 30s and we speak Spanish so we would like a more local, less touristy feel... if that is possible.. plus we would prefer a 4 or 5* hotel...

Thank you SO much!

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help! Where should we stay?

Hi have a look at www.calafornells.com nice hotel lovely cove,hope this helps.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help! Where should we stay?

I think Hotel Portixol ticks all your boxes.But it's not cheap.Right by a small beach,possibly the nearest beach to Palma and its nightlife.July will be quite busy and hot and humid probably.But because of what it costs the riffraff won't be anywhere near you.And a good place for a classy hen do.See what you think.

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
125 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help! Where should we stay?

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions!

I like the looks of the cala fornell one thus far...

I've looked up portixol and it also looks very nice, it's well reviewed and is conveniently located near Palma... but it's on the harbour... I'd prefer beachfront if that is the route I'm taking... and I think I'd like to be somewhere in between Portals Nous, Palma Nova and Palma... that way we can partake of the different areas evening festivities... at least that is what I think based on all that I'm reading... agh! this is difficult!

thank you so much for your help!

-skydiva

6. Re: Please help! Where should we stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 06:21