We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Question, etc -- please advise!

sfo
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire Question, etc -- please advise!

We (4 of us) will be staying on Majorca in Puerto Pollenca area from May 29th - June 5th. I am in charge of securing a car rental. I've read about the potential car rental shortage and other issues..please advise as to the best company to use for a car hire. Also, I welcome any additional advice or suggestions regarding our stay - this is our first vist to Majorca. We are hoping to enjoy the beach, cycling, hiking, sailing, good food, rest and relaxation. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Pollenca
Pollenca
Majorca, Spain
hornchurch/santa...
Level Contributor
441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Question, etc -- please advise!

Good choice of resort, you should be able to do all the things you want!

We have used Hipa a couple of times before and hd no bother, they pick you up from airport and take you to their office.

Make sure you take the ful/full option on fuel, ie you get the car full of petrol and you drop it back full. This ensures you are not charged extra.,

sfo
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Question, etc -- please advise!

Thank you!

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire Question, etc -- please advise!

I would book as soon a possible to get the best deal. I have used a few car hire companies over the years and my choice would be Hiper. I have always had excellent service from them and car collection was always quick and problem free. The cars I have had from Hiper were always virtually new with very low mileage. They operate a Full-Full fuel policy.

http://www.hiperrentacar.com/listado.php3

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,881 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire Question, etc -- please advise!

That's a coincidence - I've just booked my Majorca car hire (for Sept) with Hiper. Used them a few times now and have been very pleased. They have an office right in the centre of Puerto Pollensa and that's where I do the pick-up and return. (Only need a car for part of the holiday, so can use a shared transport to/from airport - PP). Hiper's website is not the best in the world (and it always seems to add an hour to my timings) but cars and level of service have always been good. Definitely book as soon as you can.

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
5. Re: Car Hire Question, etc -- please advise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 06:18