We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping around majorca

leeds
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
camping around majorca

Hi, i am travelling to Majorca next week (volcano permitting) and am hoping to camp. I know there aren't many campsites on the island but i have heard there are a few. Does anyone know exactly where they are as i am having some trouble finding them on the internet and wasn't sure if the ones i am finding are still open.

Does anyone know of any nice places where you can wild camp? i can sacrifice my comforts for a nice scenic place to pitch my tent.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping around majorca

Hi,

First of all, it is illegal to camp in Mallorca outside of the designated camping areas.

The Guardia Civil can (and will) stop you. I am not sure if there are fines involved.

As far as I know, usually if you sleep anywhere outside with just a sleeping bag, they let you off with a warning (if they see you).

If you've got a tent or anything like that, expect something more severe.

There is a beach called Cala Varques which is always in the headlines at some point every Summer, because there are some caves there and people camp in them every summer. And the Guardia Civil are always involved.

Anyway, I have been doing some searching for you online because a few years ago I camped (legally) in Binissalem, but apparently it doesn't exist anymore.

There used to be two campsites in Mallorca, which are here:

Camping Club San Pedro

Cala Dels Camps

Colonia de San Pedro

Artà

Mallorca

Teléfono: +34 971 589 031

Fax: +34 971 589 023

Camping Sun Club Picafort

Ctra.Artà-Puerto Alcúdia, Km. 23,4

Platja de Muro

Mallorca

Teléfono +34 971 860 002

But I know for sure that the Can Picafort one has been transformed into a rouloutte / bungalow park, and I've heard that the price is around 85 Euros per night in high season.

You could ask them if they still accept tents though...

There was somebody asking the same question on the Throntree as you, they didn't get very far...

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Try your luck with the "albergues", in 2008 the HIPOCAMPO one was operational. I've just found this on another forum: 3 Euros per tent, 7 Euros per person. I assume per night.

Swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, ping pong, volleyball, bbq area, showers and WC, and bar.

albergue-hipocampo.net/index_archivos/Page35…

"Hola,

En el centro HIPOCAMPO puede acampar con su tienda, el precio es de 3e por el emplazamiento de la tienda + 7€ por persona

En este precio incluye: piscina, pista de tenis con fronton y canastas de basket, terreno de volley y mesa de ping-pong.

También tenemos una zona de barbacoa , duchas y sanitarios y un bar en el recinto de la piscina.

A la espera de sus noticias

Chelo de GALI

617 23 66 73"

And finally, have a look here (official info in English from www.infomallorca.net)

infomallorca.net/tourism/…

And here is a pdf guide of alternative accommodation in Mallorca (with telephones, etc)

infomallorca.net/imgdb/archivo_dre41681.pdf

Good luck!

Pollenca, Spain
Level Contributor
156 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping around majorca

I think there is a camping area in Lluch near the monastery:

http://www.lluc.net/eng/azona.html

leeds
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping around majorca

Thanks for your help. Its not looking to promising. I find it strange that there aren't any campsites. I haven't had this problem on other islands in the Med.

4. Re: camping around majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 07:16