We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - May 2011

Plymouth
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Hire - May 2011

Hi

Now that the proposed strike has almost certainly been called off I am now looking to sort my car hire out for a 10 day trip my wife and I are taking in May this year. We are staying in a property just outside of Palma and want to hire a car for the full period of our stay. As it has been some time since I last hired a car in Mallorca I am looking for some recommendations as I don't want to be stuck in a longline at a desk in the airport. I have looked at www.hiperrentacar.com/​portada.php3?lang=2

http://carhire.centauro.net/

http://www.terryscarhire.com/index1.htm

So any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

Hi mandgteam,

I have used Hiper many times and have always been very impressed with the service and the cars provided. Their office is just off the airport and they provide a shuttle service to the office. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes before being seen to. I have never used the other two companies so can not pass judgement on them.

Edited: 21 March 2011, 15:22
Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

The long line bit dismisses my favourite: Goldcar. Sorry. always the longest lines. But well priced (esp. as I order an Automatic)

I have always found National/Atesa to be short on lines, yet good on price too.

They may be the way to go.

One that used to be terrific but are now hit/miss on price are Hasso. They now operate a couple of minutes from the airport but there is free pick up to the place in Can Pastilla. Their cars are the best as most of them are Mercedes. If you can get a good price this may be your best bet.

Enjoy the trip

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

I use Terry's every month for varied time hires and have done for the last 25 months, with no problems, no ques and airport collection. Also my sons have used them 5 or 6 times in the same period also no problems.

I will add the cars are not new and tend to be over 25,000Km but all have proven clean and reliable.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

I used centuaro last year, no probs. You are met in the terminal and directed to a shuttle, 5 min or so trip to the office which is on the airport 'area' but not near the terminals. Office is also right on the Motorway junction so it's an easy drop off, easy to get going straight away as well obviously.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

HI there, thanks for raising this post! Good luck with your quest, hope you ahve a great trip, too. I'm also looking for car hire recommendations as have read so many bad reviews here on tripadvisor where I tend to get such good inforrmation. We are travelling in mid April and Terry's car hire can't supply the two compact cars we need, so have to look elsewhere. So am reading everyone's input with great appreciation!

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

Another recommendation for Centauro. Been using them for years- competitive prices, fast and easy collection and drop off, no problems. We are usually in the car and on the motorway in one hour from the time the plane hits the runway which given that we have to wait for our baggage is pretty good going .

Edited: 21 March 2011, 22:04
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

I have always used Holiday Autos who are a broker.I have had cars from Centauro,Hiper and Goldcar.All the previous replies to OP are reliable.Avoid Goldcar because of the queues at their desks.

The best cars I have had through HA have been from Hiper.But this year I have decided to hire from Sixt.This is because in Pto Pollensa all their hire cars I have seen previously have been new and dent-free.So I went on to their website and made an enquiry.I got a good rate 123 euros for a Polo for a week in April.All the online transactions so far have been easy and if the car itself turns out as good I will be happy.They are a German-owned company I understand.

Stupid thing is for a car hire in October when I will be in Majorca again the Sixt price was way above the Holiday Autos price so I have opted for the latter for that visit.

8. Re: Car Hire - May 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 08:20