We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

majorca in October

Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
majorca in October

I have never been to Majorca so a few questions.

Will there still be sunshine in the middle of October? What is the nearest resort to the airport. We are both 65 so no party areas but not quiet either. Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: majorca in October

C'an Pastilla.You can get good weather in October but you can get rain.It is an iffy month.I would take a chance.Prices are very good then and it won't be cold even if the sun isn't crackin t flags.

Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: majorca in October

can you tell me when do the hotels etc close for winter?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: majorca in October

November but in Palma they stay open all year..

Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: majorca in October

many thanks for your replies

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: majorca in October

Hi Debbymark

I would suggest you take a look at palma nova its only 25 mins from the airport and in oct its a lovely resort.

There is a few nice hotels right on the seafront and palma nova has a great walkway along the entire seafront .The resort will have quietend down from the heat and madness of the summer but will have some nice bars and even restaurants still open .The weather in oct can be a hit and miss but like has been said i would take a chance ,the problem with smaller resorts the last few season the hotels have closed earlier than usual leaving some smaller resorts like ghost towns even in early oct .

have a look at the hotels i have listed

santa lucia

son matias beach

hawaii

sol cala blanca

I hope this helps

moocher

Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: majorca in October

moocher, thanks for your great reply. I have now got flights for Sept. 16th to 24th and as you can guess I am now looking for somewhere to stay. I think maybe Palma Nova would be my best option as I don't want a long transfer. I will check out your suggestions. Many thanks

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: majorca in October

I would say Palma Nova as well its a lovely place and not far from the airport, something for everyone, Hotel Cala Blanca is right on the beach and well worth taking a look at. Hope you enjoy your experience.

Palmanova, Spain
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: majorca in October

Hi

Great replies palma nova is a great resort with lots of thing for tourists and its great in october .

lynn

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: majorca in October

Hi DebbyMark

My wife and I went to Palma Nova the 1st week of last October and the weather was hot, although the weather cannot be guaranteed at that time of the year as showers can appear in that month. Whilst I was there I covered the areas Palma Nova, Magaluf and Cala Vinyes walking and did reviews via another Marjorca forum with pictures along with another guy who did one in August, your welcome to have a look on the link below for Palma Nova.

majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com/t675-palma-nova

hope it helps you to decide

Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: majorca in October

Delboy, Your photos are brilliant. Many thanks for sharing

Moocher, How much is a taxi from airport to Palma Nova?