We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
487 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort ?

My daughter (21) and I want to go for a 5 day lie in the sun holiday to Majorca.We want something that is easy, no hassle...all we plan to do is fly there, taxi to hotel and relax. 4 stars or 5 hotel. We need somewhere near the airport i guess for convenience as we are not renting a car. Have been to Hotel Salvia in Soller couple of times but its too quiet for her and me, so need some other suggestions.

We dont really want manic bars and rowdyness...can anyone suggest where we should stay ?

Thanks

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort ?

Try Cuidad Jardin, meets all your requirements.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort ?

If you want a short 10-15 minute drive from the airport, one that is in a nice area on the outskirts of Palma, then this is for you. Getting a room might be your only problem, it;s usually very busy.

http://www.portixol.com/

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort ?

Hotel Marina Luz in C'an Pastilla should be just what you are looking for.Check it out on TA Reviews.My wife and her (female) friend stayed there and were impressed.Only a hop from PMI.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort ?

Yes WS good choice. Ca'n Pastilla is a very English resort only a few minutes from the airport. Marina Luz is a good hotel, quite a walk from the beach, but not too bad for nightlife.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
487 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort ?

Not sure about the Marina Luz, pool area looks very small...and reviews are not all brilliant. finding it hard to decide.

idea is just for a small break. would love to be going back to either Hotel Salvia in Soller or to the Hilton in Malta, but they are both quite expensive. Problem is tho at least I would know exactly what I was getting for my money with them.

Thanks for all the suggestion, still working on it !

6. Re: Which resort ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 05:30