We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

booked through villa parade , who had been recommended to me as professional & honest.

apart from the mix up with our car hire...... (too small for our party, car hire company wanting an extra extortionate £490.00 euros to up grade to correct size. !!! overcame the problem by taking two cars !! lucky we had an extra driver and his licence handy !!) villa parade making a half hearted gesture & nominal refund to us of half the cost (£90.00)

the villa had "extras"

I write this from a humerous angle as it was the only way to deal with the sitaution at the time, but on reflection villa parade you need to be honest about this property ......

described as "on its own with no neighbours"........ apart from that is ,"the ELF" , who lives at the bottom of the garden...... the Elf being the owner .......... who lives in what I would describe as a converted garage , has his own gate into the garden of "your villa" , and visits each and every morning to check out his property ...... 7.30 am one morning !!!

we made a joke about it in the end,.......... who spotted him first, who got approached by him........ we had small children , not for one minute am I sugesting any thing untoward, but when on holiday your want your privacy & guaranteed safety for your selves and children, not a neighbour wandering into "your" garden at his leisure.

apart from the Elf, the propertry was ok........ except for several chipped and broken cups, tiny kettle ,damp in the downstairs bedroom ( not expected of such a new property) so much so that we couldn't put clothes in the drawers as they smelt damp the next day. The owner (Elf) very noisily sanding down his doors on 3 early mornings for several hours, not very respectful of your guests.

last morning when we were packing up an cleaning his villa, mr Elf hung around, asking when we were leaving ........ I advised him 10.00 am as agreed, he had already begun his pool cleaning etc... around us ready for the next guests. we were beginning to loose patience with this guy ........we left on the dot of 10 am ....to him calling out "see you next year " ........ I don't think so !! .

Villa Parade be honest , warn clients of this guy or tell him to keep out the garden !!!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

I am glad you are able to see the humerous side, but honestly., this ELF must have driven you mad!

Have you let Villa Parade know about this. I know it sounds unlikely, but they may not be aware of it if noone has complained.

Hope you manage to find somewhere more suited next year.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

Agree with Annabelle.You don't need freaks like this.He might own the property and it is probably his livelihood but when you are on holiday and paid a tidy price for a villa you don't want non-party bods around you.Sounds like a plot for a horror-movie.

Villa Parade obviously know about the guy's habits hence the Elf jokes.They need to tell him -Hands Off.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

We christened him "The Elf " to make light of the situation ........we had no idea the owner was there when we booked , ..... have emailed villa parade for their thoughts on the matter , watch this space.??

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

It is always very interesting to read people´s comments on this site but I am totally shocked at how rude and disrepectful some of the comments have become. I am also referring to the comments above.

I have stayed in this villa many times before and have found the owner to be nothing but helpful and friendly to myself and my family. He is never intrusive and is always very discreet and never disturbs us.

The villa is always kept lovely and clean and is a very comfortable villa which is ideal for families.

I am appalled to read that you refer the owner as an Elf and another comment refering him as a freak, where are your manners. Maybe you should look at yourselves before judging others. If you had so many problems with him why didn´t you contact the rep and I am sure they would have contacted him for you. The reps in resort are all very helpful and they are there for you if you have a problem. Why wait until you return home and then add a horrible comment.

5. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 June 2011, 17:52
UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

My experience is that Villa Parade can not be trusted, in my opinion. You should complain to them that the villa is missold.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

I think anyone booking a private villa has the right to expect it to be just that, private. They shouldn't expect to have someone living at the bottom of their garden coming and going as they please. They have the right to expect to let their children play in the garden without coming across someone else who may well be perfectly nice and ok, but may well not be.

And you also have the right to enjoy the facilities right till the time of leaving, and not have someone there starting their pool cleaning activities before that time.

There is also the right to "quiet enjoyment" which means not having somene who owns the property and is actually taking your money for renting it sanding down doors and making a noise early in the morning.

Jo_Dean you come across as very defensive of this owner, do you in fact know him?

8. Re: villa ca n'a ponta , puerto pollensa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:15