We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Great day out.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
A Great day out.

Recently we were taken on a day out by some very good friends of ours.

They took us to La Granja.

Its just outside Esporles off the Valldemossa road from Palma.

A grand old Mallorcan manor house and grounds.

A great place if you want to see the old style of living and farming.

Yes it has its usual tourist shops and cafes but IMO well worth a visit.

We spent half a day there and did not see it all.

We will definitely go back when the Horse shows are on.

have a look at,

www.lagranja.net

28SAC

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Great day out.

Hi 28SAC,

Yes it's a great place for a day out, i never even knew it existed until recently, if i remember the cost is €12.50 per person & there is free wine tasting at the end.

I would be interested to know if any more hidden places exist like this on mallorca as we are back soon & are going to tour the island.

best regards

45 mac

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Great day out.

Im not sure Id call La Granja as a "hidden place"..but the Caves of Campanet are one, nothing like as crowded or commercial as Drac, with a good restaurant with wonderful views outside them, Monestary of Lluc (lunch at Es Guix), and wine tasting in the mountains at Mortix half way between Lluc and Pollenca are some less known ideas in this area..

There are also some nice "tafonas" which sell local produce, for example Oli Caimari in Caimari is good, and Selva now has a great art & crafts shop on the square run by an English implant...they are all pretty rain frienly!

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Great day out.

Hi finca_escaste,

Thanks for your reply,i called it a "hidden place" as i have never seen it advertised anywhere, i will look out for the other places you have mentioned.

best regards

45 mac

4. Re: A Great day out.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 20:18