We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whcih is the best site to book with

wales
Level Contributor
379 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Whcih is the best site to book with

Having just returned from a S/C Thomsons at Puerto Pollensa I want to go there again next year, but possibly at another smaller aparthotel, I have seen quite a few sites where I can book independantly , but which is the best one to choose as regards costs. Is there a `comparison` site or just a case of searching them all.

Thanks.

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

How long is a piece of string sort of scenario, I use Booking.com, Alpharoom and Venere mostly.

Booking.com have the best choice and do not generally require a deposit unless it isa non-refundable special offer.

Alpharoom tend to be cheaper but require a deposit, you can take out insurance on the deposit but that cost more anyway.

Venere also no deposit but not as good a choice as Booking.com.

There are of course numeropus more companies but I can recommend the above from experience.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

Hi Yamahaaa

As you guessed getting the best deal is never a case of just booking with the "best" site but involves lots of research on loads of sites and doing comparisons. You may even find that the quoted prices on any given site may fluctuate up or down on a day to day basis so it can be very difficult to actually decide what is the best deal.

One bit of advice though, once you have booked stop looking at the prices :-)

wales
Level Contributor
379 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

Thanks, I should have said that I wanted to book `the lot`- flights , transfers, rooms in one go, rather than seperately.

Hayzer, I know what you mean, I booked 3 weeks before travelling with Thomsons, and then found they had it for £60 less in the next few days .

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

I nearly always use Travel Republic.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

I have just returned from Salou the accomodation was booked with Travel Republic.

Good price and excellent sevice.

Graham

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

ive booked with travel republic many times with options of hotel, flight, transfers, ins and airport parking, always good service and easy to reach customer service centre. my friend as booked with low cost holidays and recomends them.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

We also have booked numourus times with travel republic like how you select your flight from a good range of times and prices to suit before selecting accomadation and we have never been disapointed yet never booked any other diy only them other than that we have used tour operator's..

WENDY

wales
Level Contributor
379 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

Thank to you all, I`m sure i will heed your suggestions and hopefully find what I want for next year,

wales
Level Contributor
379 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

I was wondering - what happens when you book, do you get confirmation of all booking arrangements together , or do the flights, accomodation and transfers come seperately.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Whcih is the best site to book with

I've used Alpharooms, Travelrepublic and Lowcostholidays however I book the flights separately, then book the accommodation and transfers later. Therefore I get separate email confirmations however I'm sure you will receive reference numbers for the flight, hotel and transfers if done all at the same time. You may find that the hotel is cheaper on one site and the transfers cheaper on another. I've found that Lowcostholidays are cheapest on transfers and often have a 10 - 15% discount code and are very reliable. As I haven't booked everything in one transaction I don't know how the credit card charges work out so that's worth looking into. You can check this out by choosing everything and proceeding to checkout and without putting in your card details, click on the desired method of payment and it should tell you how much they will charge for that card type.