We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Hi,

We are going to Mallorca for 7 nights in July. We will be two adults (early 30's) with our son (just under 2-years old for trip).

We are thinking about the following itinerary:

1. Airport direct to Soller - bus

2. Soller for 3 or 4 nights - take trip into Palma for one day, visit Deia, and Puerto Soller beach

3. for the last 3 or 4 night we are not sure what to do and are looking for advice. Some ideas: Pollenca or Colonia Sant Jordi (visit Es Trenc!)

We are from Toronto. Our preference is for good beaches and nice old towns. Large Resorts would not be our first choice, but we can appreciate how they can be easy with a toddler.

We think our little guy will enjoy running around a nice beach as well as hanging about an open square.

We expect to book an apartment in Soller and the other destination. Hiring a car is possible, but maybe only for a few days.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

No direct public bus from airport to Soller.Change buses in Palma.

It's a very long way from Soller to Colonia Sant Jordi.2 buses and will take many hours.And personally I don't know what all the fuss is about Es Trenc.I know it is in all the guidebooks about Majorca's best beaches but I know better.I have been there because I like to see what is being recommended to visitors from other continents.OK there is surf and sand (not a lot, it is a shallow beach) but very few facilities and access is almost impossible without a car.When you have a car the cost of parking it is shameful.Far far better and many more scenic beaches in Majorca imo.

Yes Pollensa or Pto Pollensa would be a logical follow-on from Soller.But if you haven't yet booked for July you are going to find the best places have gone.Pto Pollensa has nice beaches for the little man and a town square which is great for people watching and lots of kids of many countries mix happily there playing in a traffic-free zone.

There is one bus a day from Soller to Pollensa/Pto Pollensa.It's a long way but the scenery en-route is remarkable.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Wirral,

The beach next to Es Trenc is better IMO, it's called S'es Covettes but i like both of them.

I went up to the beach you recommend at Playa Muro in january & march but IMO i don't think it's any better than the 2 i mention.

We had a walk along the pine walk but had to stop because of the military base,does the pine walk extend beyond this base as we just turned back?

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

I know it's a bit of a trip but I would opt for CSJ. There are some lovely Mallorquian towns within reach- Santanyi with markets on Saturday and Wednesday, Ses Salines and Es Llombards and some lovely coves like Cala Llombards and Cala Santanyi. CSJ has a nice little port area with a small beach and is a nice spot to chill in the evening in one of the nice seafood restaurants. There is more chance of getting accommodation in this area as I imagine PP will be very booked up already. It's also a chance to see a different side of the island as the island is quite diverse.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Thanks for your comments mac.If I return to CSJ/Ses Salines area I will check out the beach you mention.Re Pine Walk in PP the military zone is the limit.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Hi ralphy

I believe you could find all you you want in Soller and Puerto Soller, the town of Soller is beautiful and has lots of old world charm. The port offers you the beach option you want as well. As you intend to visit Deia as well you should get some variety in your holiday. I would also suggest visiting Fornalutx/Biniraix which is on Soller's doorstep.

If you want to travel further I would suggest hiring a car especially if you wanted to go to Colonia Sant Jordi as it would be very restrictive being there without one. We were in the area last year and I could not imagine being able to visit the villages and other beaches without one.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Hi again ralphy

Have a look at this website it has lots of information on resorts with pictures and videos as well.

http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/index.htm

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Thanks WS for the info regarding pine walk, so how do we walk to the very end of the bay then as we thought thats were it would finish?

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

The military zone is as far as you can go, it extends along the bay to the end of the peninsula where the lighthouse is. The next accessible part of the coast is at Piedra/Cala Formentor which involves a drive toward Cap Fermentor or a boat trip from Puerto Pollenca. The boat trip is a popular day trip to the beach at Formentor for people staying in Puerto Pollenca.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Thanks for the info Hayzer, i didn't realise the military zone extended that far,

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 nights in Mallorca, suggestions?

Hi mac

A few years back I bought an AA Island Map which was one of my best ever buys but sadly for some reason not now available. It is a double sided map about 3 foot by four and shows detail down to individual dwellings. It also has the military zones marked on it. It is a bit dog eared now and patched up with sellotape but I still take it with me even though I have sat nav and access to google maps on holiday.

As for the pine walk it always seems a bit disappointing that it ends the way it does.

Edited: 27 April 2012, 11:55