We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Sandy beaches

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for Sandy beaches

Hi

We are planning to have our vacations from 15th July to 20th Julyin Majorca. We have done our flight bookings but are yet to finalize the hotel.

Ideally we would like to book a hotel close to a sandy beach (I am not fan of pebbled beaches). We were looking at various sites and found some good hotel deals in Cala De Sant Vicenc (Cala San Vicente) in the northern part of the island but I am not sure if the beaches there are sandy. I'll appreciate if someone can guide me on that aspect.

Suggestions for other areas of the island having sandy beaches are also welcome. We know that Alcudia has nice sandy beaches but hotels in the area seem to be very costly and also Alcudia seems to be more crowded.

Thanks again

Shashank

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for Sandy beaches

Cala San Vicente is mixed - LH cove is corse sand with a few pebbles, cant remember the middle beach, and the RH one has pebbles

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for Sandy beaches

Hi Finca

Thanks for your help.

I think we should stick to Alcudia and surrounding areas as that seem to be the most likely spot for being close to a nice sandy beach.

Once again thanks for your advice.

Shahsank

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for Sandy beaches

Most of the coves around Cala D`or are sandy and the twin beaches at Cala Mondrago are too.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for Sandy beaches

Take a look at the Cala Dor Hotel, right on the beech and also on the edge of town, 6 other small beeches nearby, and as above Mondrago beech is one of the best on the Island.

5. Re: Advice for Sandy beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:42