We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please advise needed for a location/resort

uk
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
please advise needed for a location/resort

Hi

I would like advice on where abouts to holiday late september?

I want to be not too far from airport 30 mins to an hour preferably.

Want somewhere with shops, bars and restaurants close at hand as well as the beach.

I've been to Alcudia, CalaDor and Calla Millor.

Please can someone help.

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: please advise needed for a location/resort

This island will spoil you for choice - and you can get to almost anywhere in an hour's drive from the airport (unless of course you go by coach transfer which often makes a lot of stops).

Hiring a car? How many people?

Perhaps you should consider something different for a change - a B&B or apartment? There are a lot of people who have switched from the resort culture to private accommodation and loving it.

Edited: 15 June 2012, 19:49
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please advise needed for a location/resort

Palma Nova.Much better than its reputation.

uk
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please advise needed for a location/resort

Ahh thanks for the replies any recommendations of hotels in palma nova ?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please advise needed for a location/resort

Well for the past 2 years I have stayed at Sol Mirlos.Great value for money.(Except their computers which are a ridiculous price).But la creme de la creme is Hotel Son Matias-expensive for the standard but defo the place to go.No children.Wonderful live entertainment every night if that is your bag.

5. Re: please advise needed for a location/resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 10:18