We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I can't decide where to go

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I can't decide where to go

Hello all, probably asked lots of times before so apoligises in advance, we are a family of 3 (2 adults and a 2year old) and have decided to go to either, Cala bona, Cala Millor or Santa Ponsa.

We have no idea,which one would be more suitable to us. It's actually starting to get abit tiring now posting this question :)

I suppose we are looking for the place which has the nicest beaches and places to see during the day ( animal parks/mini golf would be perfect). Not so fussed about nightlife obviously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks alot

P.s Going 1st week in sept

Prince Of Wales
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Bar Papis
Concerts, Bars & Clubs, Dinner Theatres
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I can't decide where to go

You can discount Cala Bona as the beaches it has are not worthy of the name when compared with Santa Ponsa and Cala Millor.Have a look at Palma Nova.3 very nice beaches with more in the way of attractions for a 2yo in the adjacent Magalluf area.

With a child better to stay in Palma Nova and use the Magalluf attractions rather than stay in Magalluf imo.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I can't decide where to go

I can't decide either. So I'm just going to stay here.

lincoln
Level Contributor
772 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I can't decide where to go

What about Alcudia, good beach and things to do with children.

Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I can't decide where to go

How about cala d'or, lovely beaches, very family orientated, great restaurants, beautiful Marina. Kids play areas, mini golf. Lots of shops, land train that takes you around the resort. We have stayed in sa coma, alcudia, Palma nova, Santa ponsa, cala bona and cala d'or, found cala d'or the best place for families with small children. Look at cala d'or playa apartments, large apartments, friendly staff, kids splash park, kids play area and the hotel is safe and secure. Read reviews!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I can't decide where to go

Hey, there's just to much choice.

For me it would be Cala d'Or, but then I am rather biased.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I can't decide where to go

Thank you all, guess its back to the drawing board :)

lincoln
Level Contributor
772 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I can't decide where to go

I love Cala d'or but the small cove beaches will still be pretty busy at the beginning of September, with a two year old I would still vote for Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for the larger beaches ideal for a toddler.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I can't decide where to go

Cala D'or seems to be getting alot of votes, is there something wrong with Santa Ponsa. I think I was edging toward it. Close to mini golf, waterpark and marineland and not too far from the airport.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I can't decide where to go

I'd tend to agree with Wirral and say Palma Nova. Its lovely in September when things have quietened down a little from the school hols. The beaches and promenade are fantastic and there are a good selection of nice hotels, restaurants and bars plus I see you mention mini golf, they have golf fantasia there.

Santa Ponsa, Spain
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I can't decide where to go

I would suggest Santa Ponsa (I do live there). Its a great all round resort, you have the entertainment square with Mini Disco´s for the child and tribute acts etc.. after. You have a beautiful and safe beach, nice restaurants, quiter bars, lively bars (all in one area) and in the evening time nice little market stalls.

As for location, you can´t get better. Marineland, Western Waterpark, House of Katmandu, Golf fantasia all a 10 minute taxi ride (20 min bus journey away). Some other really nice resorts on your doorstep you can visit during the day on a half hourly bus service.

And god forbid you have a bad weather day, Palma and Palma Aquarium are also really easy to get to with direct buses to both only and only a 20 mins journey time away.

For me Santa Ponsa wins hands down as you and your 2 year old, will never be bored or stuck for anything to do. Best of all, its only a short transfer to and from the airport.....a great thing when you have a small child travelling.

Edited: 29 June 2012, 10:08