We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy beaches and shallow waters

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy beaches and shallow waters

I am travelling for the first time to Majorca or Menorca in August. I am looking for a resort which has got nice beaches - White Sandy and shallow waters.

Can any body suggest if there are any such beaches in Majorca or Menorca. Last year I went to Cancun, the beach was good but sea was very rough. I am a family traveller with a young (3 years) child.

Thanks for your help.

manchester england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy beaches and shallow waters

i would say playa de moro or alcudia would be perfect, great beach, calm waters and knee deep a good way out into the sea.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy beaches and shallow waters

Yes Alcudia / Playa de muro beaches excellent and sea very calm and shallow . Have a look at Condessa de la Bahia hotel .

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy beaches and shallow waters

Hi thanks for your replies. Could not get anything reasonable on these beaches so finally picked up Font de Sa Cala (Cala Ratjada)

Any idea how is this beach?

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy beaches and shallow waters

Cala Ratjada is a lovely resort, and German-dominant, so the accommodations and dining will be of a high standard. Plenty of quaint shopping and lots of seafront restaurants. It is also the location of the marine reserve,just offshore, so there tends to be excellent snorkeling in the area.

There are a number of small beaches in and around Cala Ratjada. Perhaps the nicest IMHO is Cala Agulla, a small but lovely dune-ish beach to the north of town. Cala Mesquida on the other side of the mountain, is a brilliant beach, but will require short drive by car.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 13:13
5. Re: Sandy beaches and shallow waters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:17