We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finca in rural area

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Finca in rural area

We (2 of us, early 30s, me 6 months pregnant) are thinking of a 'last minute' trip to Mallorca. We like to stay in a rural area, but with some conveniences within reach. We will rent a car so some driving is alright.

It would be a short holiday (1 week max) with relaxing and enjoying the area (short walks, cute towns, beautiful beaches, small restaurants, lounging at the pool) as our main goals.

Are there any areas you can recommend? Any nice finca's (preferably with self-catering options, but hotel would be an option) in the countryside but with a cute town within reach? What are the nicest areas for relatively quiet beaches?

All suggestions very wellcome!

Thanks!

wirral
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finca in rural area

Finca Son Jorbo is heaven on earth. Set in the countryside but close to Porreres and short drive to beaches including Mondrago

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finca in rural area

Looks lovely indeed. Too bad they're fully booked (we want to go for 5/6 nights in the last week of august)....

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Finca in rural area

Thanks for the recommendation ninabean and sorry that we are fully booked.

Have you had a look at www.sawdays.co.uk ?

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finca in rural area

That's a Nice website, I will have a look at it!

What are the nicest areas in your opinion?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finca in rural area

My wife and I recently stayed at the Finca Hotel Son Palou near Valldemossa.

This is one of the finest hotels I have stayed in and really recommend it for a short break. It is in the Tramuntana Mountains around 15 minutes from Valldemossa which is only 20 minutes from Palma.

Check out the hotel website although you might have a problem booking in August.

Edited: 28 July 2012, 11:41
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Finca in rural area

It depends what you mean by nicest. The most recommended in guide books are the mountains and towns such as Soller, Deia and Valldemossa which are very attractive, quite dramatic and definitely worth a look, however because they are so recommended, they do tend to get very crowded especially in the summer months.

I am of course biased being where we are but the centre of the island tends to be much quieter and more "real Mallorca". And as Mallorca is quite small, from a central location you can get to anywhere else on the island within 1 hour making it a good base to explore all areas including the mountains.

Hope this helps and you find a great place to stay.

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finca in rural area

I'd love to stay in the 'real' Mallorca, don't want to be doing too much driving though (because of the big belly situation), so 30 minutes to the beach would be max. It will be a challenge to find something that fits the description ánd is available on such short notice...

@crazypom: Finca Son Palou looks nice, would be good if they had availablity (haven't found it on the website so have to e-mail them) and I definitely want to have a private terrace because we will stay on the grounds quite a big part of the time, so not all rooms would be suitable.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finca in rural area

Try the website ruralhotelsmallorca.com they have an interesting selection of small Finca type hotels mostly in the centre of the island.

Another hotel I have stayed in is Es Turo Finca near Ses Salines in the South of the Island. It did change hands earlier this year and I understand is much improved. The views from the terrace are fantastic and most of the rooms have terraces or balconies.

It is also very close to one of the best fish restaurants on the Island.

email me directly if you would like more info

PS my wife has just informed me that the management not the ownership have changed

Edited: 31 July 2012, 13:47
Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finca in rural area

Thanks for your ideas! I will have a look into all off them (still not sure if we will be able to go, so still not able to start booking :( )

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finca in rural area

I very much doubt you will find a vacant finca good or mediocre for August.