We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drowning Tragedy

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Drowning Tragedy

…yahoo.com/british-man-son-drown-majorca-105…

Our thoughts and prayers go to this sad family and to all their family and friends.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 16:22
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drowning Tragedy

Very sad news, there's always dangers when your away at these resorts. There was a boating accident and a cliff fall when I was there this year....stay safe.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drowning Tragedy

Campolady ......

Very.....very tragic indeed and after reading the reports about a wave taking his son into the sea with the sea very rough you can imagine as a father or a mother that we would all have done the same jumping in and trying to save our child......

Deepest sympathies to all the family.....

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drowning Tragedy

Please all readers of this forum if you are going to Majorca heed the flags system on the beaches. I know 2 coves in particular where the waves can turn hostile:- Cala San Vicente and Calas de Mallorca (the beach below Hotel America) and I have seen them both at their worst.It's not just the waves-there are undertow currents (which you can't see) in certain weather conditions. Both operate the warning flags system and there are large notices indicating in Spanish,English and German what the coloured flags mean.

Looking at my map it appears the beach where this horrific event occurred is at the North end of Calas.

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drowning Tragedy

It was the small beach next to sol Calas hotel, they were by the rocks where from experience of last year, a lot of people including my family and i ventured down to. It's a very sad loss, maybe now they will block the area off.

doncaster
Level Contributor
439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drowning Tragedy

very upset to hear this tragic news, its what any dad would have done,trying to save a loved one..

6. Re: Drowning Tragedy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 10:17