We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great service from Sixt

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
738 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Great service from Sixt

After all the problems we had with Goldcar last February I hired a car from Sixt 3 weeks ago and from the initial on line contact to getting home their service was fantastic.

On arrival at Palma we went to their desk and was given a choice of cars and a choice of petrol Full to Empty or Full to Full.Total of about 3 minutes at the desk!

We chose a Fiesta and was given a paper with a bar code which we scanned at a machine in the car park which produced the key!

The car was spotless inside and out with all the safety gear like hi vis jacket, first aid kit and warning triangle.

On return 2 weeks later you just park up the car at the Sixt area and drop off the key in a box but as it happened one of the staff was there and asked if we were happy with the car and any problems with it. We had none.

They were certainly the best car hire firm we have come across in the 20 or so years we have been hiring.

They did not try and force us to pay for any extras but did offer a Sat Nav if we wanted it. We had our own.

Since returning home they have sent us a card with our details on to make hireing from them again even quicker.

It is nice to say something good on this forum about car hire!!!!!

As for the holiday we stayed once again at Sa Coma (self catering)and it was lovely and quiet and even though it was end of November/beginning of December there was still plenty of places to eat around Cala Millor and elsewhere and still plenty of 'tourist' shops open.

Much of the time we more or less had the roads to ourselves and as I have said before the roads out there are SUPERB!

We had 1 day of rain but that was all!

All very civilised and only 2 hours away!!!

!

Edited: 15 December 2012, 08:15
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,860 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great service from Sixt

Totally agree about Sixt. Brilliant customer service each time we've used them.

And if you book with them well in advance their rates are quite competitive once you've taken into account all the 'hidden extras' that tend to apply to most of the so-called 'cheap' car hire companies.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great service from Sixt

Just to get a comparison what did you pay for the hire all in?

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
738 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great service from Sixt

We paid £183 for 2 week hire and this was with full insurance and also windscreen, tyres etc cover so in the event of an accident or blow out we would not have to pay anything at all.

I think there was also an airport charge within that figure.

There was also no rip off petrol charge either!

They said that if we had an accident while drunk we WOULD have to pay!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great service from Sixt

I thought it would be up at that kind of rate that's about 3 x Records rate factor in the €25 fuel rip of and the extra insurance and its about double.

About 40% more than Terry's. I have to agree great service but at a hell of a % difference.

And no Qs to worry about at this time of year. If cost is of no issue then Sixt tick all the boxes but then again so do Hertz, Avis and the rest of the multi nationals.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great service from Sixt

I rent at least 6 cars a year at palma airport so the cost is worth saving for me, we got a brand new car at easter from record for 21 nights & the cost was 70 euros, ok then i had to pay around 80 euros for a full tank of fuel which i used.

People keep banging on about sixt but record have never let me down yet, when i get bad service i will then post about it

I have booked with record for new years eve ( 11 nights for 70 euros ) i think that is a great price.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great service from Sixt

I am another fan (recently committed) of Sixt. Hired twice from them at PMI.I hire twice a year at PMI.For well over 20 years I used Holiday Autos who usually placed me with Hiper or Centauro.No real complaints.Once they placed me with Goldcar but I asked them to change supplier (I have seen the length of the queues at Goldcar desks in the terminal).Sixt is a German company-typically efficient. Their online Check In is time-saving.I don't mind paying a bit extra for such good reassuring service but if I was hiring many times a year I might re-think..

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great service from Sixt

Wirral I think what people are trying to say 50 % + is not a little extra.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great service from Sixt

Sorry that should read 100% extra ie double.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great service from Sixt

No probs with what you say Paul.But I am happy with what it costs me by booking and pre-paying Sixt 6 months in advance.I am in the fortunate position of not having to do price comparisons before booking.It's the overall package that matters to me.Going with them again in April 2013.

Btw most of the car hire complaints on here (they outnumber the satisfied comments) are from people who went for cheapo deals.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great service from Sixt

I am also a fan of Sixt and rent around ten times a year with them. As long as you book well in advance their prices are reasonable although never the cheapest.

I have used most of the above mentioned hire car companies at Palma, Sixt are hassle free, the service excellent and the cars are clean and well maintained. Something I am prepared to pay a little extra for.