We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone advise please - Illetas

jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone advise please - Illetas

Husband & I are wanting to stay at the Hotel Bonsol Illetas but would appreciate some advice on room choice. We would love a Junior Suite but the prices are too much. Has anyone knowledge of the Classic Rooms, which I believe have part/side seaviews?

We would prefer a light room with a balcony to sit and read on. I know the hotel decor is dark, so not sure if this is possible.

Also a must, is that the room is quiet and not over the bar area.

Any room numbers that fit the description would be appreciated or advice on where abouts in the hotel we should request a room.

Thanks.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone advise please - Illetas

I stayed at the Bon Sol last September..its a wonderful hotel if somewhat quirky in character..i was lucky enough to stay in a junior suite which was perfect..my advice to you is to e mail the hotel via its website and address your room questions to Martin Xamena.He is the owner and actually lives with his charming wife in a top floor apartment..He will happily advise what rooms are best for you depending on your budget and his availability..What i am sure of though is that ALL rooms at the Bon Sol will be very nice indeed !

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone advise please - Illetas

Well you could lower your sights and find another decent hotel (maybe not quite so exclusive) in Illetas that isn't beyond your budget for upper class rooms. Eg you can have a top class full sea view room with a balcony,plenty of sunlight miles from the bar and quiet in Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa.But it doesn't have the cachet of BonSol. You pay for that (kj was on a promo trade special deal I understand).The pool/sunbathing area on its own peninsular with bar,restaurant and BBQ is especially indulgent.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone advise please - Illetas

WS is right..i did very get a very good deal, there again i do give the hotel a lot of business...his advice is also sound regarding the RIU..Illetas has a number of excellent hotels, however if its a nice room you want at the Bon Sol theres no getting around the fact that its not cheap...

jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone advise please - Illetas

Thank you kj (and also Wirral) for this info. I will contact the hotel as suggested. We stayed in Illetas last year and visited the Bonsol and promised ourselves a return trip to stay there, so although your suggestion of the Riu Palace is appreciated, I think we would always regret not staying at least once at the Bonsol.

Thanks again.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone advise please - Illetas

Fair enough.Well considered.Pay the price.You only live once.GFI.

6. Re: Can anyone advise please - Illetas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:17