We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

Hi all,

Hoping to go to Majorca in May for the 1st time. Traveling with our 1 year old boy. Could you help us with a recommendation for a nice 3* or 4* hotel in a resort that is not too far from the Airport. Will probably go half board so within walking distance of nice restaurants. Within walking distance of a beach would be good as well. Budget is probably €1100-€1300 flights included.

Thanks for your help,

P

London
Level Contributor
533 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

No-where on Mallorca is more than 90 mins from the airport, though if you go on a package holiday, with the buses dropping off lots of people on the way, you could find the island suddenly doubles in size!

I'd suggest Port de Pollensa would be somewhere you would like, given your mentioned requirements,but it is about 80 mins from the airport.

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

Santa ponsa and Palma nova are close, if you do want to venture further then Alcudia, Cala dor and Cala Bona/ millor are all good resorts. Hotel wise, viva hotels, sol Mirlos Tordos, new pirates.

Edited: 16 January 2013, 22:35
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

Check hotels www.venere.com

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

Also check alpha rooms, travel republic and low cost holidays.

Alaro, Spain
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

I´d agree with Diecysiete that Port de Pollença would suit your requirements nicely - the 3 star Sis Pins is right on the Pine Walk beach with plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance (mydestination.com/mallorca/…hotel-sis-pins). Book a sea view room! Port de Pollença is about 45 minutes to an hour from the airport, but transfers are not a problem.

The Calvià south west resorts mentioned, like Santa Ponça and Palma Nova, are a little closer to the airport and to Palma, but are generally more hectic than Port de Pollença. There are so many hotels in this part of Mallorca, mostly booked to tour operators, I´d find it difficult to recommend any particular one for you.

On the south east coast, Cala d´Or is probably your best bet - take a look at the 4 star Hotel Cala d´Or - mydestination.com/mallorca/…hotel-cala-dor.

Hope you have a great first trip to Mallorca!

Mike

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

If you were to choose Port de Pollenca (as suggested earlier) then as well as Hotel Sis Pins I would add Hotel Miramar and Hotel Daina to your list for consideration. All three would be suitable and located in an ideal spot within 100 yds of each other on a pedestrianised area close to start of Pine Walk beach.

And for all three it's best to go B&B, rather than HB, as there's so many excellent eating places in the resort within a short stroll of those hotels (all types of eating places, and all price ranges).

And again, for all three, the sea view rooms are the ones to go for; more expensive but the view is unforgettable.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 18:57
Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. Your advise is very helpful and much appreciated. Its probably looking like Port de Pollenca at the moment. We will investigate the hotels a like closer now.

P

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

Also, I should have said in my post no 6 above, don't get focused too much on 4*. The three hotels I've mentioned will be 3* and I think you will find them to be much better quality than many so-called 3* hotels in the UK. (There are very few 4* hotels in Puerto Pollensa and, for differing reasons, I don't feel any of them are suitable for your needs)

9. Re: never been to Majorca before, need hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 05:18