We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
994 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

We are having two weeks in Cala Figuera but the young ones 24 yr olds were going to have one of their weeks somewhere busier.

I can see from photographs that both have marinas. Cala D'or is made up of small beaches and Cala Bona has a long stretch of beach with a promenade. Please correct me if I am wrong.

What we really want to know is which is the best for some nightlife during August. They don't want Magaluf style just a bit of entertainment and busier bars.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Liz

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

Many supporters for both on here . Cala D'or does have fairly small coves/beaches . Cala Bona has a small beach ( not as good as many in Cala D'or ) but is connected to Cala Millor with a long promenade , which has a nice long beach . ( about 20 minute walk to it )

Cala D'or marina is quite large with lots of restauraunts around it . Cala Bona " harbour " is fairly small but with quite a few bars and eating places around it .

I would say Cala D'or would be best for the young ones .

Edited: 19 January 2013, 16:32
Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
994 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

Thank you kevintherunner.

It's hard to tell from photographs but Cala Bona looks bigger so that info is very helpful. It would be a cheaper transfer from Cala Figuera if they stayed in Cala D'or.

Liz

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

Hi

CB is tiny compared to C D'or with only a few night time entertainment bars left open

They will have lots more choice in C D'or and it is only 20 mins from you instead of an hour to CB

There are plenty of nice night time entertainment bars to choose from or nice chill out style places if they choose in C D'or

28SAC

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

Yes I think they would find Cala d'Or and its visitors more to their liking.Cala Bona has an older average age clientele. As kevin mentioned Cala Millor might suit them as it has a massive Blue Flag beach and lots of nightlife,bars,clubs etc.It will be heaving in August and German visitors there outnumber Brits 4:1.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
994 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

Thanks everyone. You all have the same opinion so Cala d'or it is.

I am going to cala D'or for a week in April but wanted to book accommodation for the kids in August now.

Liz

I love trip advisor.

Liz

6. Re: Cala Bona or Cal D'or?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 05:18