We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting accommodation in Majorca when we arrive

Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Renting accommodation in Majorca when we arrive

My husband and I have booked flights to Majorca in May. We will be staying for 1 month - 7th May - 8th June. We will stay in Palma for the first few nights and we will book accommodation for Palma before we leave home

Ideally, we would like to drive around and discover nice places and decide on the spur of the moment to stay - we are wondering if this is possible to do in Majorca We would like Puerto Pollensa for a week maybe and perhaps Alcudia for another week - and we would hope to explore other interesting little towns and villages. My greatest concern is if we will find reasonably priced studio/apartments at that time of year . We like to stay in 'the centre or close by' - convenient to restaurants and bars shops,etc, somewhere with atmosphere.

We have booked a hire car.

We have travelled around the Greek Islands and found we were able to book lovely places for 40euro a night .

I would welcome advice about this please

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting accommodation in Majorca when we arrive

You can certainly seek out long lets at local accommodation agencies.But be prepared for security checks on the spot.There is one in Pto Pollensa it used to be called Marfan but I have not checked if it is still going.Maybe Barnard Marcus are still there too.

Also you often see flats/apartments to rent in display advertisements.Word of mouth works out of season eg local restaurants/bars.Some such have their own accommodation above their premises to let.If you fancy Pto Pollensa (why not) and Alcudia one place to stay will cover both as they are only approx 5 miles apart. There will still be plenty of the accommodation-type you are seeking in Pto Pollensa for month of May.

I would be tempted to wing it.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting accommodation in Majorca when we arrive

Yes, in Puerto Pollensa Marfan is still going ok. Located in centre on street behind Hotel Miramar about 100 yds from the hotel going away from marina area. Called in there once and they were helpful.

http://www.marfran.net/

Another similar competitor is Bellamar located in centre on LHS about 200 yds from marina roundabout on main road going out of PP towards Pollenca. Used them once, were good.

http://www.bellamar.com/

Barnard Hamilton (not Marcus) closed down about 12 months ago.

Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting accommodation in Majorca when we arrive

Thank you both for your replies, it gives me the confidence to go and look around for accommodation when we arrive.

4. Re: Renting accommodation in Majorca when we arrive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Majorca