We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay In Majorca

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Where To Stay In Majorca

Hi, we are two frends who are thinking to going to Mallorca this year for the first time. However, we are not sure where on the Island to base ourselves. We've heard pretty mixed views from friends who've stayed on the East Coast, several of whom state it is far too touristy and full of nightclubs etc. However, some have said that S'illot is a good base to stay as it has decent public transport to get around the whole Island. So, we're pretty at odds at where to stay.

We won't be using a car and are not interested in nightclubs, boozy bars and the like. We'd like to visit nice villages, towns, go on good walks and see coves, caves and historical sights etc. Can any of these be easily accessed from S'illot or places near to Si'llot on the East Coast? Or would it be best to base ourselves near Palma on the West Coast? We are on a relatively tight budget, too, and would be looking for two single rooms or a decent sized apartment/B&B.

We know the East Coast probably offers the cheapest accommodation but we are more concerned about getting decent public transport to get around all the Island. We'd be most grateful for any help and advice. Cheers.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Stay In Majorca

Majorca is just about the most popular holiday destination in Europe for British and German tourists, so most of it will be geared up for what the masses want.

Soller (North west coast) is about the best town that remains 'Spanish' whilst still being a tourist resort. Coves, walks, and caves are accessible from there.

But I doubt that Cala D'or (East Coast) would fit the description of being overly touristy. Coves, walks, and caves also available there.

There's others too. I'll let others plump for their favourites.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay In Majorca

Very limited public transport from and to S'Illot but it is cheap. If you want to get out and about and still stay somewhere good for budget holidaymakers I suggest C'an Pastilla which is very convenient for the airport and Palma. Palma is the transport hub.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay In Majorca

S'illot not the best choice in most peoples opinion . Cala Millor would be a better choice for that coast .

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay In Majorca

si'llot is on the east coast, I think you may of got your n-s-e-w a tad mixed up with the partying in Magaluf on the west coast. Cala Bona/millor and sa coma, all on the east coast is not what I call a nightclub paradise. Here's a link that might help you, it also has a map.

http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/index.htm

5. Re: Where To Stay In Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:17