We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please for Majorca Newbie

Ancaster, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help Please for Majorca Newbie

We're looking to go to Majorca at the end of May time. We're stuck between the Viva Tropic or Alcudia Pins?! Which is the best in terms or close to the beach, if beach nearby is nice, how far from town etc! It will be 2 adults and 4 children aged from 13 to 2! Are there any waterparks in Majorca and if so are they nearby the two hotels?! Also what can we expect the weather be as I'm a little concerned it may be quite cool in may??!! Thanks xx

lincoln
Level Contributor
768 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please for Majorca Newbie

I think Alcudia Pins is in Playa de Muro ,therefore it is right on the ( excellent) beach however the Viva Tropic is very well located in Alcudia town for that reason alone I would pick Viva Tropic unless you want to spend all your time on the beach- not stayed at either hotel but my view is that any hotel that I book has to have more excellents than goods on the TA hotels list -always ignore terribles unless there are lots!!! so for that reason also if I was choosing between the two I would choose Viva Tropic.

The main waterparks are in Arenal and just outside Palma Nova which is a long way from Alcudia but there is a smaller one in Alcudia which will probably suit your children it seems to be geared to families its called Hidropark

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please for Majorca Newbie

I'm not sure if its the same in the summer these days but when I last went about 7 years ago to Alcudia pins, it was heaving in the pool and I mean heaving of kids and adults.. I'd choose viva, they have great reviews.

3. Re: Help Please for Majorca Newbie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Majorca