We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doyouspain

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
doyouspain

people booking with doyouspain,need to be aware of a couplke of things.when they advertise the prices in euros they also in brackets the prive in pounds,these are way off the mark.for example the car i wanted was 348 euros in brackets was £268 which is nowhere near right,its more like £300.i think alot of people would see the price in pounds 1st and be misled.also the car i wanted on the 1st page was with NO EXCESS after i booked the car and printed off my voucher and checked the terms it stated the car was subjected to a 600-900 excess,both these points applied to all there cars

Hamshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: doyouspain

DO NOT USE DoYouSpain or Gold car, we had to wait for over an hour to pick our car up. We paid up front for the insurance through DoYouSpain but Gold car would not recognise the insurance and would not release a car until we had paid for additional insurance! We did not save anything and would have been better to use a more reputable company e.g. Hertz etc. Will avoid DoYouSpain like the plague from now on!!!!!!

Berlin, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: doyouspain

@lswr53: DoYouSpain is an agent, not a car rental company. When you made the deal on DoYouSpain.com it was YOUR choice to use Goldcar as the supplier. If you had chosen another supplier when you booked you may have had another experience.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: doyouspain

MISLEADING. We used DYS for a car rental this June. I only used them because they advertise FREE ADDITIONAL driver. We also paid there Insurance. When we got to the Airport we were charged for Additional driving, Insurance and many other extras. Contacted them when we got back. they weren't interested. Might as well book direct at least you know what you are being charged.

Hamshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: doyouspain

I respectfully suggest that whilst you are correct gold car are guilty of employing sharp practises and DYS should accept some responsibility for their suppliers as this sort of experience reflects badly on DYS. Also there is the issue that DYS sold me insurance before I left the UK and told me not to buy further insurance at the airport. gold car however refused to give me the car unless I bought insurance from them and neither would accept responsibility and I am still out of pocket!

Save Reply
25. Re: doyouspain

We booked with DYS and have done many times with out a problem.. This time we went to get the car and was told that firefly had to block funds in the card.. but we just wanted to pay the extra there and then.. as we did not have 600 on the card to use.. anyway after two days staying in a hotle close to airport and missing a very important appointment.. and a cost of 2 nights and days with two kids... added.. We finally got more money on the card.. We took the car for only 7 days and asked if we needed to extend this. She said that we could no problem.. just get back in touch and pay.. so we checked on there site and it said 159.. euros for the month.. and DoYouSpain also said a bit cheaper.. but now we where not close to the airport.. We did not want to have to travel all the way back just to pay.. surly like other places we have visited you can just call and pay over the phone... so we checked with DoYouSpain and they said to keep the same car would be over 379 and to book a new one would be only 130.. and they said they could not give use a contact number for firefly. We searched everywhere and found that if you take car back late they will charge you there normal day rate.. why they make things so hard... dont see why we should have to go over 200 miles to airport to renew a car when it can be done so easy online or over the phone... like eles where in he world.. please DoYouSpain. .. your letting your self down here... used your service over 150 times... Not anymore.. also be telling everyone eles not to use you anymore... very unhappy.. so tomorrow we have a 500 mile trip just to sort car car out.....

St.Elm
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: doyouspain

Good advice mate...This is my experiencce......DoyouSpain will offer you "GOLD" Insurance,,saying this covers everything, and not to take the car rental company´s offer of insurance. This is rubbish!!!. When you get to the car rental desk at your destination, (in our case GOLD CAR) they will tell you that you must take their insurance (whatever it costs) or leave a deposit of 600 Euros on your credit card. This is a new scam. ..the first time in over 15 years. In fact their insurance cost more than the original cost of the car rental with DoyouSpain !! We had the car for one extra day, and they took the extra days rental from my friends credit card, as he had paid for the extra insurance. Shouldnt he have signed a paper or something and.... Is this legal ? My advice when booking rentals...be on your toes..they´ll rook you otherwise.

St.Elm
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: doyouspain

Good advice mate...This is my experiencce......DoyouSpain will offer you "GOLD" Insurance,,saying this covers everything, and not to take the car rental company´s offer of insurance. This is rubbish!!! When you get to the car rental desk at your destination, (in our case GOLD CAR) they will tell you that you must take their insurance (whatever it costs) or leave a deposit of 600 Euros on your credit card. This is a new scam. ..the first time in over 15 years. In fact their insurance cost more than the original cost of the car rental with DoyouSpain !! We had the car for one extra day, and they took the extra days rental from my friends credit card, as he had paid for the extra insurance. Shouldnt he have signed a paper or something and.... Is this legal ? My advice when booking rentals...be on your toes..they´ll rook you otherwise.

Byron Bay, NSW
Level Contributor
7 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: doyouspain

I'd agree. They don't answer emails and don't seem to want to acknowledge issues that arise. Beware of their own insurance policy which they claim takes the worry out of collision damage waiver. Few people read small print but, if you do, you will find that the policy specifically excludes anyone from outside the EU. I reckon many non-EU citizens will sign up and pay for this, completely oblivious to the fact that they aren't covered. I've pointed this out to Do You Spain but they don't reply or acknowledge the problem. That's because they are making a mint out of it with no risk of a claim being made. " Do You " - the clue's in the name

St.Elm
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: doyouspain

Exactly mate. I have now written three emails to DoyouSpain (that in itself is a perfect name for the them!!!) if you use them they´ll "do" you !!..no reply from their head office...only one reply from Gold Car putting the blame on me !!...and none from someone who calls herself Claire Davis..(DoyouSpain).I´m now investigating all care hire companies in the Spain area, and will come back on Trip Advisor with the results. Hopefully I can recommend one or two, where you wont get rooked. Another new scam is that ..IF you dont take the car rental´s insurance, you have to leave a deposit of 600 Euros !! ..There must be many families who´se weekly/fortnightly budget is only 600 Euros...and they cant afford that. The rental company will tell you that they dont actually deduct the money from your credit card, but put a "stop" on the amount. Keep watching for more news on this.

Wirral, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: doyouspain

Doyouspain are a bunch of bandits any problem with your booking and they are not interested

Edited: 06 November 2014, 10:45