We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lloret de mar or Majorca?

Amsterdam, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Lloret de mar or Majorca?

Me and my wife are visiting Barcelon for 3 days in end of April. We are contemplating to visit Lloret de mar in one of those 3 days or not since we are heading out to Mallorca from barcelona. Any suggestions on whether we should invest one day in lloret de mar?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

So much to see and do in Barcelona. I think you would struggle to see it all in three days, nevermind two . Me personally, I would skip lloret.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

Strange question to ask on the Majorca forum . Personally dont know why you would want to go to Lloret . Much better resorts on the Costa Brava / Dorada . You will see much better resorts in Mallorca too .

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

In any case, if you want some beach time while in Barcelona, there are many other nicer options (IMHO, Lloret is one of the ugliest resorts in the area). Tossa de Mar is next to Lloret and it has a lovely old town. Much closer to Barcelona, Sant Pol de Mar, Sitges, Vilanova i la Geltrú... And do not forget that Barcelona itself has decent city beaches.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,722 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

Ignore Lloret, Barcelona itself much better, as are most of the other resorts within striking distance. Barcelona will need all your 3 days.

Mallora resorts much better than Lloret as well, though it could be useful to know where you plan to stay in Mallorca and for how long.

Edited: 29 March 2013, 19:17
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

I have a different take on it.Lloret is very like El Arenal on Majorca.It has a decent beach,it is cheap,it has had its day but it still attracts visitors-of a type. I have only been once to Lloret on a small coastal ferry from Tossa de Mar so I am no expert but unless you want a cheap binge day it has nothing to drag you away from Barca.

On the other hand if you have a day in Llafranc near Barcelona that is worth a day out.Sitges less so.But not for a binge.

Then you can travel to Majorca. Flying or ferry?

Amsterdam, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

Thanks for your responses... Appreciate the useful insights...

@KWUK ... we are figuring out where to stay in Mallorca... Magaluf was one of the option.. Any suggestions?

@WirralScouse... we are flying to Mallorca from Barcelona...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,722 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

I can't advise on Magaluf, it's not my 'scene'. Others on this forum will be on soon to give you advice though.

In the meantime, as you are new to TA forum, it might be worth your reading historical threads about Magaluf, including this one -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580303-i10100-k…

8. Re: Lloret de mar or Majorca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:16