We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

bryan_black
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

My wife and I will be coming from Barcelona for about 5 days in June. We've never been to Mallorca. We are in our early 30's. We will be celebrating our one year anniversary. For our honeymoon, we were in the Amalfi Coast, and just loved it.

We are looking for a hotel that is 4-5 star. No more then $500-550/night, obviously the cheaper the better, but prefer to be on the beach or close to it. We are big foodies as well, and just want to relax and eat good food. We don't want to be at a very busy place where you can't do anything because of too many tourists, but at the same time not too dead either.

What's some good hotel options to relax, soak up the sun with some atmosphere.

No Frills Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours, Cultural Tours
Vita Bel
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Excursions a Cabrera
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

Check out the Hotel Jumeirah at Port de Soller.

It's pretty flashy and will tick most of your boxes. Go for an Ocean Deluxe room and eat in the Port.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

At last I know there is a market for Jumeirah in Port de Soller.

The price you quote Bryan will bring you the best that Majorcan hospitality has to offer.But from your likes I would recommend Grupotel Parc Natural in Playa de Muro.Perfect for a luxurious chillout on a wonderful beach (one of Majorca's best).But miles away from culture/tradition/the real Majorca if that bothers you.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

The problem with the Jumeirah is that Porto Soller doesn't come close.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

That's fair comment from Paul.A 6* star hotel in a 3/4* resort nice though it is.Stand by for first wave attack.

bryan_black
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

We also don't want an all inclusive as we are big foodies and want to experience the local restaurants. We don't want to be so secluded that we can't go and do things after we lay out in the sun, shopping, walking around, etc...

London
Level Contributor
626 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

Interesting comment on Port de Soller - it is changing very quickly, and becoming more upmarket every season.

The Jumeirah hotel is a fantastic place to stay, and there are good restaurants within easy reach, both Es Passeig and Nunu in the Port are very good, Es Raco D'es Teix in Deia (20 mins in a cab) has a Michelin star and is lovely, Bens D'avall is on a cliff between Soller and Deia, and is a fantastic place to go - food can be hit or miss, but on a good day, it is very good.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

20 mins in cab, hit and miss, ok on a good day, think Wirral nailed it.

London
Level Contributor
626 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

The point I was making is tha Port de Soller is a lovely place, and that it is becoming increasingly upmarket. The OP stated that they were foodies, therefore it might be interesting for them to know that as well as a couple of very good restaurants in the Port itself (there are many others which are also of a good standard, but these are in my view the best) there are some well known restaurants close by, so the fact that I said they were a taxi journey away is only an additional fact, not taking anything away from the Port.

Trying to put a star rating on a town, which is not a purpose built resort, but a still working fishing Port is a little odd, and gives a 'Disney' impression of something that is relatively unspoilt by Mallorca standards

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

Assuming the Byran is hiring a car, I cannot think of a more dramatic area of the Island to be, especially as he and his wife enjoyed Amalfi.

I personally like Port de Soller and the surrounding area. As I mentioned in my previous post the Hotel Jumeirah

is a great Hotel in a superb location. In the local area are some of the very best restaurants on the island amidst the most stunning scenery.

What more would you need for five days.

10. Re: Help, Help Anniversary Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 06:18