We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Manchester
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Help. Myself and my sister are thinking of visiting Majorca in June this year and would like some advice on the best resorts to stay at. We are both in our early 30's and are just going for a relaxing "get away from the stress" type of holiday (no night clubbing). We would like a resort that is quiet but has enough nice restaurants and a few bars so that we can have a nice meal, a few drinks and a stroll out in the evening. Somewhere with a nice beach but not too family orientated as we don't ourselves have children so want to have more of a grown up holiday away from the bucket and spade brigade. (Don't ask for much do I ;-) ). So if anyone could recommend a nice resort that fits the bill and even nice hotels in walking distance to resortd like this that would be really great. Thank you!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,680 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Puerto Pollensa and Puerto Soller will both tick your boxes, especially in June. There will always be children on holiday in Mallorca but in June it will tend to be pre-school ages only (plus of course local Mallorcan schoolchildren who often go to the beach during the school year).

In PP, have a look at Hotel Miramar.

christinaanne068
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Have a look at Illetas (about 7 miles SW of Palma). We have been for the last two years and are going again in June. It is a low key "resort" (more a residential area) with a nice beach, some restaurants, bars and hotels, easy bus ride if you want to go into Palma and near to Puerto Portals with the lovely marina etc and Andratx.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Cala d'Or ticks all your boxes. I would recommend the Hotel Cala d'Or which is on its own beach and only minutes away from the centre of town with all the restaurants, bars and shops.

Perfect in June.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 16:00
Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

It may be worth checking out Colonia Sant Jordi, it's a great resort to chill out & stroll along the promonade,ticks most of your boxes,just not sure what the quality of restaurants are like.

White horse Peter will tell you more,there are some fantastic restaurants just outside CSJ in S'es Selines

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

son baulo 15 minutes walk from can picafort, very relaxed place a few bars and restaurants, nice walk along the front into can picafort.

Manchester
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Thanks for all your help, will get googling ;-)

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Colonia San Jordi is nice but I don't think it's what you are looking for, and I don't think there are enough nice restaurants. Cala Dor recommendation from Crazypom I would agree with. I think you would love the restaurants around the marina.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

If you're not bothered about not being surrounded by other Brits, Colonia Sant Jordi is a good spot for your needs. Plenty of decent restaurants and bars, but not the sort of place where you get adverts for "Corrie" and Emerdale!

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Alcudia is brilliant for beach and some entertainment

but honestly anywhere away from the Palma corner of the island I would

be happy to stay . Can Pic is worth a look

Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quieter resort in Majorca that's not very kid-orientated???

Think your best bet is Puerto Pollensa for relaxation, charm and good resraurants for people watching. Beaches are nice and some good more adult focused hotels available right on sea front. Check the trip advisor ratings. Dont think Cala d or is right for you too family orientated with lots of children even out of school holidays although as mentioned previously marina is very nice. Good luck!