We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best resort to stay for soller railway and caves of drach?

Bournemouth...
Level Contributor
27 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
best resort to stay for soller railway and caves of drach?

Hello,

me and my husband would like to visit Majorca next June for our wedding anniversary and wondered the best resort for visiting both the caves of drach and the soller railway? we stayed in Puerto Pollensa last month and loved it but didn't get round to visiting the above places so thinking of going back next year to finish what we didn't see.

Thanks in advance

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best resort to stay for soller railway and caves of drach?

Thats a bit of a logistical nightmare given where they are both positioned . I would stay in Palma Nova and go in to Palma for a day to get the Soller train . There are always plenty of excursions to the Caves of Drach .

Plenty of other ways to do it though .

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best resort to stay for soller railway and caves of drach?

I was going to post almost word for word what Kevins put. You need to get to Palma fairly early for the Tren de Soller and this dictates where you stay, i.e. Palma Nova or Santa Ponsa.

3. Re: best resort to stay for soller railway and caves of drach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Majorca