We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Airlines

Stockport, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Airlines

HI - does anyone know if the Thos Cook flights Manchester to Palma have good reputation in providing correct extra leg room seats for disabled passengers with the substantiated medical requests?

Went with Jet 2 last time and they'd ignored my properly logged request and squished me back a dozen rows until everyone on board - then they said I could move which pleased the other passengers greatly!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

To be on the safe side you could pay the supplement for extra legroom seats-or are you relying on the support documentation to get you such seats for no additional charge?

London, England
Level Contributor
7,876 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

It will depend on your needs. If you need extra legroom but have a disability you will not be put in seats beside the emergency exit, which are normally the ones with extra legroom.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

If you need assistance seats you have to contact the airline about it before travel.

London, England
Level Contributor
7,876 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

I think the OP believes they will be given seats with extra legroom if they book Special Assistance, but this is not the case.

Stockport, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

Think everyone is missing the point - paying extra or not I wanted to know IF any TA forumites had relevant experience of whether Thos Cook dealt correctly with the special requests of disabled passengers - we all know the low cost companies are ignorant and prejudiced and I'd hoped they werent one of them - obviously I'm aware of the procedures for booking flights with Special assistance having travelled a number of times with different airlines - what I required was personal experience on this particular route - Manchester to Palma! to know how well the airline handled such requests

London, England
Level Contributor
7,876 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

Well, that isn't what you originally wrote. I have travelled with TC, Ryanair ,BA, Easyjet, Aer Lingus, KLM etc, etc. I have to ask for Special Assistance as I have limited mobility. The only time I ever had a problem was with BA at LGW when I had to wait a considerable amount of time due to them being busy.

I can't give any feedback about MAN as I live in the south, but have always been treated very well in PMI.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

You may not be able to get extra legroom. It will depend on the type of aircraft.

8. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:20