We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the weather like in late october

Lerwick, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
what is the weather like in late october

hi i was wondering what the weather in october is like i know from weather sites that it is rainier. Is it likely to be the odd shower or torrential rain for a week . I know you cant predict the future but would really appreciate people's past experience. I am considering stayingt at club martha's at cala 'd' or

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the weather like in late october

Apart from Palma, Majorca is very quiet indeed late October.You could be lucky with the weather but generally wet and windy is the order.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the weather like in late october

As Wirralscouse says " you might be lucky"......but October is officially the wettest month of the year.....

After saying that. . . It will still be nicer than here...

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the weather like in late october

We have been quite a few times in early/mid October. The weather has always been warm, mainly sunny, we have always had some heavy showers and, on one occasion, non-stop torrential rain for quite a few days.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the weather like in late october

Sorry but February is the wettest. If some statistic says otherwise, then they just don't live here.

October is one of the best months in Mallorca - maybe not for holiday, but certainly to live.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the weather like in late october

Official historical data of AVERAGE Monthly Precipitation in Majorca (Palma readings):-

Days in the month of some precipitation (ie rain) October 11: February 8

Total mm of precipitation for the month October 62: February 37.

Yes El Gato I know the expression "There are statistics and there are damned lies......"

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the weather like in late october

Naah, it's probably true. But in October, short rains can be heavy, while in February, it seems to drizzle almost constantly, making it seem always wet.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is the weather like in late october

We spent two and a half weeks in Mallorca this February and it was wonderful weather for walking for the first two weeks. We were in teeshirts most days, but it was freezing cold in the evenings. We had virtually no rain, just the odd, quick shower.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: what is the weather like in late october

January & February were unseasonably nice this year. April and May were terrible. But nice weather in February is very unusual. It's still not "right" even in July. Should be near 40 now.

9. Re: what is the weather like in late october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:18