We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather late September/early October in Majorca

Cheadle, null...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather late September/early October in Majorca

Hi, we are looking on going on a big family holiday sometime between september 20th and october 5th, and will more than likely be Majorca or the Algarve, ive read on various weather sites about the weather in October and all vary. anyone been Majorca at that time of year or even the Algarve? and how was the weather. Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

been to sa coma which is on the east coast of Majorca. Went mid October. The weather was sunny, but id say it was around 23 degrees at best, and it got a tad nippy on an evening. Also it was very breezy on the beach. It rained about 3 days out of the 2 weeks. Though it was sit on beach weather I probably wouldn't go at that time again. I think mid October onwards can be a bit hit and miss. You could get fantastic weather, but then you might get the odd grey day. your dates seem reasonable. I think you should get the last of the best weather during those dates.

I wouldn't recommend sa coma. Don't know what the rest of Majorca will be like.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

It's hit and miss, but late September is usually still good beach weather - mid-upper 20's, and first week of October starts to cool into the lower to mid 20's. But that's on a normal year. This year has been far from normal, so far. It's seasonably hot right now, but May was a disaster. January and February were unseasonably warm and nice. Not normal at all.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

Daddydamo......

The other two postings are very accurate indeed...

I have been to Magaluf the last week of September for the past 10 years and apart from the odd thunderstorms. ....some heavy......and some variable cloudy days the weather has been around 22C-28C ........and mainly sunny. ..

But October is unpredictable. ....could be sunny and warm or showery and cool.....or a bit of both.......

The Algarve I would say is very similar to Majorca....

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Edited: 09 July 2013, 21:23
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

hi i am off to majorca for a week on saturday i have looked at the weather and there is rain forecast! we were going for a beach break can anyone cheer me up,thanks Linda

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

I've looked on worldweatheronline.com and the 10 day forecast shows rain overnight most days (midnight to 06.00) then sunny all day.

I know it's only a general prediction (they are no more accurate than a man with a pine cone and a bit of seaweed IMO !) but in my experience (Soller in October ) the weather is generally very good and especially so in comaparison to the UK.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

Hi thanks for your reply , i feel better now we have been waiting a long time for a much needed break!

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

Hi, out of interest did you go to Majorca in September? If so, what was the weather like?

Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

Hi i went last year last week of August and first week of September and I must say the weather did cool down quite a lot towards the end of our holiday and the evenings were chilly, Majorca closes down in October as far as I am aware. So we have chosen tenerife this year.

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

Vixwilson - hi. This question is nearly two years old but about your post - we were there ( in Puerto Pollensa) at almost exactly the same time and had wonderful weather - swimming and walking every day; slathered in high factor cream. The sea was very warm and the weather warmer than our visit early July the same year. It may be true of a few holiday resorts on the island but as regulars here will assure you, Mallorca doesn't ever "close down" because people live and work there all year round. I haven't been to Tenerife but I hear it's lovely and plan to visit - have a great time.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather late September/early October in Majorca

hiya so wrathet was nice? me my partber and lttle boy going this year oct 10th so itll be great weather?