We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

We are hoping to book a holiday during half term holiday at the end of October. We know the weather can be hit and miss at this time of year but it will still be warmer than the UK. It is more about having a break than anything else, although some nice weather and a sun tan top up would be good.

Having never been to Majorca before we don't know where is best to look at for our needs, so some advice would be nice. Our party is 3 adults and 1 child who is 12. One adult needs either a wheelchair (we have our own) or preferably a disability scooter, which we would like to hire if possible?

Any suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

I'd suggest you look at one of the flatter resorts like Cala Millor, Puerto Pollensa or Palma Nova if you have someone with mobility issues, be aware that half term is litterally the last week most hotels are open so expect to see plenty of places already closed, like bars and restaurants. This may also effect some services like kids clubs in the hotels. Ive attached a mobility hire company that gets lots of mentions on here.

http://www.lower-hire.co.uk/

lincoln
Level Contributor
764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

I've been to Puerto Pollensa in the October half term and most things were open but closing at the end of the week. Of the three resorts trinet suggested I would suggest PP is probably the best but you could also consider Cala Bona and Alcudia.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

Thanks for the advice, its appreciated. I have been told there are generally a lot of storms at that time of year and advised we may be better off looking at other destinations. If anyone could give me some information on what the weather is liable to be like during that time, I would appreciate it, I don't mean exact as I appreciate that isn't possible.

I don't really want to travel much further than Spain when its only for a week but if its likely to be wet and miserable all week, we can get that at home, lol!!!

Also are most places liable to be already shut?

thanks in advance

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,866 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

Half term seem to vary each year but there is a risk weatherwise from October with heavy rain. Puerto de Pollensa is north of the island in the mountain region. I was there from 25/9/08 till 7/10/08 and we only got 3 days on the beach due to rain showers, the shops sold umbrellas. I have since been twice to Majorca at similar times down at Palma Nova and got good weather but it has broken up by mid October for rain.

Although the restaurants were open at the 7th Oct in PP, the sunbeds were being put away for the season it was a dismal week or so for sun bathing. Perhaps they may still keep the beds out this year, who knows

IMO Canaries are a better bet for weather, even for a week

Edited: 06 September 2013, 16:34
westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

Been going in the October half term for 15 years and can't remember a bad week. Yes some years we've had a dull day or two and sometimes a rainy day but mostly I enjoy sitting on the quieter beaches in the sunshine watching the swimmers. Great time for day trips too. Can't wait to get out this year to get the sun on my bones before the doom and gloom of the winter. Great time to go in my opinion.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

Been going in the October half term for the last three years, over on the east coast, never had a bad week. The days are much fresher compared to the high of summer, shorter yes, but just wonderful clear days just perfect for all that sightseeing and exploring. Find yourself a little sun trap on the beach and it'll be great.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

I know exactly what you mean about getting some sun on your bones, that's exactly what we are hoping for.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

I've been during October half term before and had a lovely week weather wise , we spent every day at the beach sunbathing and swimming . The temps were around 24 celcuis in the day , one of the days it was quite a lot higher however in the evening it was quite nippy but being ai it didn't bother us as we just stayed in the hotel for their entertainment . During the last few days literally everything was closing up .

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

We expect most things to be slowing right down, as long we manage some last minute sun to get warm before the long winter in the UK, we will be happy. I guess even if its cloudy it should be warmer than the UK at that time of year and that has to be a bonus.

Mind you around 24C would be very welcome.........

10. Re: Majorca in October/November - Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:23