We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa for 11 girls in March

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Villa for 11 girls in March

Hello

I am organising a hen do for the last weekend in March next year and am having difficulty finding the right place to stay! I know it's out of season...

The bride is a real foodie and likes outdoor pursuits like wake boarding, climbing etc. and we are quite a cultural lot (in our early 30s).

I have been to Mallorca many times but years ago now: I had presumed Palma would be the best fit, but it's proving difficult to find a villa big enough for 11 girls.

Help! Would Palma be the best bet, or perhaps Alcudia or Pollensa?

Advice greatly appreciated as we are hoping to book v soon!

Elizabeth

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

Alcudia will be dead in March, best to stick to Palma at that time of year, but for 11 it will not be easy.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

March is pretty early to go anywhere in Majorca except Palma..nigh on impossible to get a villa for 11 people in a working city, but there are plenty of decent hotels...change your date if possible to late April or May and Puerto Pollensa is a viable option.

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

Has to be the last wkend in March for various reasons (wedding is 1 May!). Perhaps a yacht on the marina?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

A yacht to sleep 11 is several million pounds worth with rentals to match.

A nice hotel in Palma the Saratoga say has a great location or if you fancy pushing the boat out the hotel Tres is excellent in bang in the heart of Palma.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

I'd suggest you'd be better off looking at a villa on the Costa del Sol, there certainly be more choice of the size youre looking for, perhaps on the outskirts of Marbella, it'll be a tad warmer that early in the season also on the mainland but still not full on sunbathing...

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

You biggest problem will be finding someone willing to rent out a villa for eleven women on a hen do !!!!

Be honest, if you had a villa would you rent it out for a massive hen party.

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

Palmas easiest, certainly, but frankly anywhere is drivable and youll probably be able to get by with two big cars. Wakeboarding in March takes a pretty steely constitution, but cycling/hiking/climbing all doable.

There are a number of villas near me with 7 or 8 bedrooms, and it is a fodie area (Santi Taura, Joan MArc, Miceli and Ca Na toneta, featured in Ottolenghis tv program about the article are all 10 mins drive) (I know the owner of one very well, shes clever and pretty and reading over my shoulder), but have a look at ownersdirect /holidayletting, airbnb etc etc...but also dont forget if you are renting the house, someone has to take care of provisioning, making breakfasts, washing dishes etc. Point being If you are committed to March then a small 7 bedroom hotel may well be able to give you exclusivity at a pretty good price.

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

Thank you for all your replies, appreciate your time and advice, esp finca escastell.

Um crazypom, we are all professional women, mostly married and we are just looking for a weekend away with excellent food and activities. Not all Brit girls are heavy drinkers and I would hope that the fact it is a hen do would not put owners off. If so, that really saddens me.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

I was not implying anything personal, but stag and hen parties do not have the best of images in the UK or Mallorca.

If I had a hire villa and was offered a party of eleven men or women on a stag/hen weekend, I would more than likely decline the business. If I knew that you were a party of responsible business women, then I would not have a problem.

That's an opinion which I have formed after spending most of my career in the Holiday/ leisure industry.

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa for 11 girls in March

Crazypom, yes, fair enough, hen dos don't have the best image anywhere in the world I imagine! I suppose it would just annoy me if we were refused knowing we are not the type to behave badly but I can imagine some of the wilder ones must cause the owners a real headache...

We have come close to booking some boats, but now dallying with small hotels as suggested... Not easy this one! Thanks again everyone. I will be asking for foodie recommendations next!