We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

I have just returned to my laptop from a recovery lie down. Mrs WS has declared she does not want to return to Majorca (incl Pto Pollensa) in 2014. She wants a change. I am gutted. I just don't know what else to say other than I may suggest to her Santa Eulalia in Ibiza if we are going together! My status on TA Majorca Forum could be in jeopardy!

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

That's a shame WS . Feel for you . I think she is being totally unreasonable ; )

Edited: 01 January 2014, 22:33
Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

Wirralscouse.......

Put Mrs.WS on please and let me speak to her Lol..

Joking apart WS......your bredth of knowledge for Mallorca will help many others in 2014 whether you're there or not this year...

I think I sense a lads holiday to Mallorca might be required for you.....and I am sure that Mrs.WS won't be able to argue against that.....will she? Lol...

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

Wirral, you need to turn on the charm.

Take her to the January sales, wine & dine her, reminisce on all the great holidays in PP. Privately neg Ibiza (drugs and all night discos), there is serious work in hand here.

Hopefully, Mrs WS will see sense

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

Wirral, that's just not cricket. Maybe you could tempt her back to Mallorca if you chose somewhere a bit different for a change. How about a nice quiet rural retreat or a small town for a change.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

Mmmmm, Mrs WS seems to bowl a better googly than Shane Warne used to do; not sure about it being grounds for a divorce though. Perhaps a Decision Review System is needed.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

I'm sure if you turn on the charm you can talk her round. Otherwise just sulk till you get your own way!

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

:-) Is that your normal course of action to get your own way Annabelle (-:

Edited: 02 January 2014, 17:32
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

works every time ;-)

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

You could promise to give them a good time in Santa Ponsa Annabelle . I think Mrs WS needs a good night out In McTavishes ...... Or maybe not : )

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shock,Horror,Probe. "I do not believe it" (Victor Meldrew)

Just love the cricket references! You know me. Some canny suggestions there and thanks for them.But unlike you, I know the lady. A bit like Mrs Thatcher "The lady is not for turning".

Hayzer, I know I would just love a few days at James' place Finca Es Castell where you have been I know. In fact nothing in Majorca would entice me more.But far too quiet and isolated for SWMBO. Annabelle's tactics (good to get the female angle) would backfire as I cannot hold a sulk, and charm is not one of my attributes.Too outspoken as many know. I think Kev has it right. Poles apart.

If pressed for the 2 of us I think it will be Ses Estaques Hotel in Santa Eulalia,Ibiza. But I am holding back on a solo late season (as in Oct 2013 at bargain price) to Pto Pollensa or Palma Nova or as suggested a group event (where I met Hayzer and his wife in person).