We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for small village to stay in----HELP

Needham Market...
1 post
Save Topic
looking for small village to stay in----HELP

hi, myself and family are coming to mallorca in may and I feel totally read out!!! I have looked at so many sites to book a villa/house but just cannot decide where to stay. Ideally we would like a quiet-ish, traditional village, where we can walk to a restaurant, and shops for local produce, dont mind if its a large vilage, i am just struggling to find accomodation in a place walk-able to ammenities. We are a family of 8 and have 3 children under 6, so will have a car but would like to be no further than 10-15 mins drive to beaches. Any ideas of villages that fit this will be much appreciated, thankyou in advance. Liz

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for small village to stay in----HELP

I would look at Soller, a town not a village but sounds like it will have all the essentials you are looking for.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for small village to stay in----HELP

Also have a look at Alcudia (Old Town), Pollenca, Santanyi & Ses Salines. All these would suit your needs.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for small village to stay in----HELP

As mentioned pollenca old town would suit,beaches at peurto pollenca only around 5/10 mins drive away the beach along the pine walk is great for kids as its shallow and the kids can feed the fish with bread hope this helps.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for small village to stay in----HELP

Fornalutx is also a nice village with easy access to beaches at port soller.

5. Re: looking for small village to stay in----HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:18