We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from airport with bikes

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from airport with bikes

Hoping someone can give me some advice.

I am heading to Majorca at the end of April/beginning of May for a week of cycling. There are three of us travelling and we will be bringing two bikes with us.

We are looking into accommodation options and I can't find much information about how to get to some of the resorts and if it is possible to take bikes on airports buses.

We are thinking of staying in Alcudia as this suits the cyclists and the non cyclist in our party.

Can anyone advise of whether it is possible to get there from the airport on public transport with bike boxes???

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from airport with bikes

Hi Shelley,

When i have taken bikes over before & not hired a car, i've used Resort Hoppa to get me to the resort with my bike.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from airport with bikes

You can put bike boxes in the underfloor luggage compartment of the service buses from Palma-Alcudia and Pto Pollensa. But there are no direct buses to those resorts from PMI.You would have to take the No 1 bus from the airport to the main bus station in Palma first and I don't think you would be popular taking bike boxes on that bus which has much less luggage space than the handsome red and yellow coaches that service the longer journeys.

April in Alcudia and Pto Pollensa is the cycle fest and there are literally thousands of cyclists from all over Europe. Lots of extra facilities laid on for cyclists especially around Alcudia Bay areas.

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from airport with bikes

We have used majorca-airport-transfers.com twice before and will be using them again in May. Not as cheap as public transport but cheaper than car hire and hassle free.

4. Re: Travelling from airport with bikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:16