We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long to spend in mallorca

Boston...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
how long to spend in mallorca

we have a two week vacation in Spain the end of April. Want to relax, hike, see the natural attraction, beaches on Majorka. Our first time in Spain. How long of the two weeks should we spend to really enjoy the natural beauty and do you recommend staying in different areas of the island or not? We will already have seen madrid, Toledo and Analuscia so not sure if we should spend time in the city Palma for cultural things or just head to more natural, beautiful places. Please advise.

Then i imagine in the mountainous areas it is challenging to drive and time consuming so it seems staying put in that area for a few days makes sense?

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
347 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long to spend in mallorca

There is easily enough to spend a week or more on the island, no need to move locations if you have a hire car, the island is only 45 miles across and with the motorways you can easily go one end to the other in just over an hour, but yes if you go into the mountains it can be a lot more leisurely.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long to spend in mallorca

I would base in Soller/Pto Soller.You will be using the toll tunnel a few times if you stay there.

Mentioned in this post
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,629 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long to spend in mallorca

You haven't said how long you will spend in each of the other places, so it's difficult to comment on your plans. I'm assuming you fly into Madrid, will you fly out of there as well ? (Madrid didn't impress me as much as either Andalucia or Mallorca)

At first glance, and without knowing the whole schedule, it looks like you are attempting to compress a lot into just 14 days. One could easily spend the whole 14 in Mallorca (and same for Andalucia), but IMO 5-6 days would be an absolute minimum.

And yes, Puerto Soller or Soller would be a very suitable location in which to stay. The mountainous areas are not really time-consuming for driving; and perhaps less challenging than cities such as Palma (and San Francisco?)

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
347 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how long to spend in mallorca

KWUK I think you should know that it is a characteristic of American tourists that they want to cover as much ground as possible in as short a duration as possible.Relax on holiday they don't,unless in Hawaii when there is no alternative.

5. Re: how long to spend in mallorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:17